Xtremenator1 asked in SportsWrestling · 6 years ago

Is TNA doing what WWE did with Cm Punk 2 years ago?

2 years ago Cm Punk's contract with the company was nearly up. You'd hear reports about it constantly on all those wrestling news sites, and they even talked about it on Raw/ Smackdown (something you rarely hear). It came down to Vince McMahon vs Cm Punk. His contract was up the night he won the WWE title from John Cena. He'd then miss a week and come back with a new contract and everything was all fine and dandy.

Do you think they will do that exact same storyline with Dixie and Aj Styles? Everything seems very similar... Aj Styles has been trying to cut "pipebombs" like Cm Punk did. Just like Cm Punk, Aj Styles mic was cut after Dixie got mad. Aj brings up guys like Jay Lethal, Low Ki, and Alex Shelly; Cm Punk brought up Colt Cobana, Tyson Kidd, Brodus Clay. Aj says how Dixie doesn't know how to run the company, Cm Punk said the same about Mr. McMahon. Plus plenty of other similar storylines. Not to mention Aj Styles contract I believe will be up right around the time that he has his match with Bully Ray. So if he were to win the match, he would no longer be with TNA like Punk was with WWE, and then 2 weeks later he gets a new contract and everythings back to normal.

This worked with the WWE Dixie, it won't work with TNA. You or Styles don't have the promo skills to carry this kind of feud, and since this storyline has been done just 2 years ago it's not like it will be a fresh idea or something we've never seen before (Like if it happened 10 years ago).

I bet you in 2 weeks time after the Bound for Glory PPV, Aj Styles (with Title in hand) will be back with the company and have contractual negotiations live on the show with Dixie Carter where one of his demands is to get some kind of Aj Styles ice cream bars.

Favorite Answer

Looks like it. Won't be as huge unlike when WWE did it.

• Sam

I would like to see AJ jump-ship to WWE for real, who knows, maybe it wouldn't work and they would bury him completely, but I think he's staying where he is. He's been too loyal to them in the past and I don't see that changing. I think TNA has been copying WWE in a ploy to gain ratings but it won't recieve the attention Punk's did.

doing it wrong. the only person who has promo skills in TNA is Bully Ray and he isn't even in the story.....kind of sad huh. the champion isn't in the feud that involves the belt. I'm starting to think they are doing everything a$$backwards on purpose like they are intentionally trying to sabotage the tv product.

Best of luck to TNA for that.

Ha Ha Ha.