Peter asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

How come the American companies who did business with the Nazis were never fined or shut down?

I'm not even talking about the ones making regular merchandise but those who helped the nazi war machine such as Ford (military vehicles) and Bayer (made the chemical used to poison concentration camp prisoners)

Favorite Answer

Edit Found this

1927, Standard Oil and IG Farben founded the company „Standard IG Farben“;

president was the oil dealer William Farish from Texas. Standard passed to IG Farben

the patents about the coal hydrogenation processes and the Germans gave them the

patents how to manufacture synthetic rubber. In the same year, 1927, the young Adolf

Eichmann, close friend of Ernest Kaltenbrunner (chief of Hitler’s Gestapo), was hired

by the Vacuum Oil Company in Austria, a relation with future. so in most aspects IG Farben = Standard Oil of new Jersey

German bankers on the Farben Aufsichsrat (the supervisory Board of Directors)1 in the late 1920s included the Hamburg banker Max War-burg, whose brother Paul Warburg was a founder of the Federal Reserve System in the United States. Not coincidentally, Paul Warburg was also on the board of American I. G., Farben's wholly owned U.S. subsidiary. In addition to Max Warburg and Hermann Schmitz, the guiding hand in the creation of the Farben empire, the early Farben Vorstand included Carl Bosch, Fritz ter Meer, Kurt Oppenheim and George von Schnitzler.2 All except Max Warburg were charged as "war criminals" after World War II.

In 1928 the American holdings of I. G. Farben (i.e., the Bayer Company, General Aniline Works, Agfa Ansco, and Winthrop Chemical Company) were organized into a Swiss holding company, i. G. Chemic (Inter-nationale Gesellschaft fur Chemisehe Unternehmungen A. G.), controlled by I. G. Farben in Germany. In the following year these American firms merged to become American I. G. Chemical Corporation, later renamed General Aniline & Film. Hermann Schmitz, the organizer of I. G. Farben in 1925, became a prominent early Nazi and supporter of Hitler, as well as chairman of the Swiss I. G. Chemic and president of American I. G. The Farben complex both in Germany and the United States then developed into an integral part of the formation and operation of the Nazi state machine, the Wehrmacht and the S.S.

I. G. Farben is of peculiar interest in the formation of the Nazi state because Farben directors materially helped. Hitler and the Nazis to power in 1933. We have photographic evidence that I.G. Farben contributed 400,000 RM to Hitler's political "slush fund." It was this secret fund which financed the Nazi seizure of control in March 1933. Many years earlier Farben had obtained Wall Street funds for the 1925 cartelization and expansion in Germany and $30 million for American I. G. in 1929, and had Wall Street directors on the Farben board. It has to be noted that these funds were raised and directors appointed years before Hitler was promoted as the German dictator.

http://reformed-theology.org/html/books/wall_stree...

so in all respects Standard Oil of New Jersey Owned IG Farben from about 1929

end of edit

they were Making to much money Just look at this and Nothing was done

ANDREW MELLON

"Thurman Arnold, as assistant district attorney of the United States, his assistant, Norman Littell, and several Congressional investigations, have produced incontrovertible evidence that some of our biggest monopolies entered into secret agreements with the Nazi cartels and divided the world up among them," states Seldes in his book, "Facts and Fascism," published in 1943. "Most notorious of all was Alcoa, the Mellon-Davis-Duke monopoly which is largely responsible for the fact America did not have the aluminum with which to build airplanes before and after Pearl Harbor, while Germany had an unlimited supply." (

Alcoa sabotage of American war production had already cost the U.S. "10,000 fighters or 1,665 bombers," according to Congressman Pierce of Oregon speaking in May 1941, because of "the effort to protect Alcoa's monopolistic position. . ."

"If America loses this war," said Secretary of the Interior (Harold) Ickes, June 26, 1941, "it can thank the Aluminum Corporation of America."

http://emperors-clothes.com/articles/randy/swas1.h...

In 1932 when the Nazis were Broke JP Morgan and associates set up the Hitler Fund and Raised over 800 Million in Loans for Hitler

and the Only one questioned and Fined after Making Billions of USD from the Nazis was Prescott Bush who pleaded No Contest First Count Fined 10,000 second count 30,000this Link gives nearly 200 Million Links for Americans who funded Hitler

I believe if all Americans Remained Isolationists and Neutral from 1919 there would Not have been a WW2 Hitler alone was Financed By the Rockefeller Foundation from 1924 to the the Tune of 32 Million US dollars

and the Hitler Fund Put Him In Power in 1933

• .x

Most of them were just too rich and too powerful politically and economically. I think some did get investigated and some were fined but that's about it as far as I know.

Bayer is a German company though, not American. I don't know who owns it now but it started in Germany and was part of IG Farben during the war. They should have executed all those Farben executives after the war imo but they all got off for similar reasons to the Americans- too wealthy and powerful, the companies that Farben was separated into were too useful in post war reconstruction, etc.

Yes, some of these were likely fined like GE that made missils used during one of the wars. But shutting them down, well, most of those companies were likely created and owned by very old money in the country. The top 1 % that everyone talks about, and they know one another and protect one another as a group economically and legally!

They were far too wealthy and important and had far too many highly paid corporate lawyers for the government to be willing or capable of shutting them down legally.

Hugo Boss is a German company,not a US one.

• Jim L

Why should they have been? America was only at war with Germany from December 1941. Before that, of course there was trade (limited since 1939 by BRITAIN'S being already at war.

Did other companies get fined or shut down? Idk but Hugo boss didn't get shut down so they might have gotten fined.