Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 6 years ago

I want to become a computer programmer?

I am currently at grade 12 right now, and i was wondering how i could get in. Im planning on applying to the Department Of Computer Science at the University Of Calgary. Classes that i am taking right now and next semester, are math 30-1, social studies 30-1, Chem 30, Arts 20, Physics 30, English 30-1, Math 31, Design Studies 20. I was wondering what mark average should i be aiming for to get in, Also what programs and degrees do i need to become a computer programmer.

Best Answer

So you want to program so you should learn all the computer languages not just one type.

Learn it all so you have an understanding of all programming languages:

Web Programming

Mobile App programming

Java Programming

SQL

Oracle

etc... etc... etc...

I would suggest you to take a crash course like Informatic Data warehousing which is a kind of evergreen software vertical & has huge demand compared to other programming languages. Well, Informatica technology is used mainly for Business Intelligence & analytics ans the demand for its gonna be huge in future aswell, as the amount of data for any verical is growing rapidly day-by day. well its pretty interesting aswell.. I believe its a best thing for you. You can anyway do some online research abt informatica & get some idea aswell.

Tx