Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 6 years ago

how is israel different from somalia, china and russia?

israel - occupying palestine

somalia - occupying somaliland

china - occupying tibet

russia - occupying chechnya

no racist answers please. i know that is impossible and unstoppable here.

Update:

i hate the new united states layout.

Update 2:

that's correct, Rabbi. in terms of occupation, israel is numba one liar, just like its leader BIBI the nutcase. im only talking in terms of occupation. but others will give me crap about how israel is a democratic, rich blah blah

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Petit
    Lv 6
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

In propaganda. Israel officially runs apartheid system in the West Bank. When you ask the pro-apartheid people in this section how do they justify denying building permits to Palestinians under Israeli control, stripping off residency, settler's daylight theft of Palestinian private lands under IDF protection (and Palestinians who dare to protest get arrested), land confiscation, destroying Palestinian communities by building zigzag walls, Israeli-only settlements and roads and humiliation on endless checkpoints, beside many other, you will not get any reasonable answer. One of the clowns here attempted to justify that by saying it's necessary to defend themselves from what he called "Muslim insanity" yet he couldn't explain how exactly is denying people building permits or taking lands away from them a security measure? Nor did he explain why Christians suffer from apartheid too! Another clown did admit that Israel is doing bad things in the West Bank, while trying to sound more moderate, but he said that this is like everywhere else. I asked him for examples of this happening elsewhere he couldn't answer that of course.

@Simple

No, not all people have The name of their land in their language. And the reason why Palestine is still called Palestine is because Arab conquerors in general did not change the names or the demographics of the territories they conquered. So when Palestinians came under Arab rule they were Arabized but the name of their land did not change. Just how does this have anything to do with the question anyways?

@Ben

I'm pretty sure there is Palestine and Palestinian people. Clearly recognised as such by the UN and the entire international community. And Zahir Muhsen was Arab nationalist. He believed that all Arabs should be a one nation. That was his opinion/national inspiration. He is neither a historian nor a representative of all the Palestinians. Besides, his quotes must be put in the right context. He was speaking about Palestinian nationality. That doesn't mean Palestinians as people did not exist. Call them Arabs or call them Palestinians, why is that a reason to put them under apartheid occupation and take their lands away? After all, if a group of invaders and foreign Jewish immigrants without any common denominator such as language, country of origin or culture can overnight start calling themselves by the name of some Biblical kingdom that supposedly existed in Palestine thousands of years ago, why can't Palestinians call themselves by the name of the land where they and their ancestors lived for thousands of years? And I'm glad you figured out who is the clown I'm talking about, but still I'm not expecting you to explain yourself.

• 6 years ago

Maybe you will get it the day one of your sweet Muslim friends plants a bomb in your local supermarket or primary school and then tells you its your fault they did it. Until then or the day you go and visit Israel and the territories, you really can only regurgitate what you have read or heard.

For every thing you read and hear at least half of it is rubbish, on both sides. So just believing blindly, as you do, without any real first hand knowledge, is just ignorant.

• Shay p
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Israel isn't occupying any ones land, but you are entitled to an opinion

Regarding Bibi, he is as smart as some and much smarter then others.

Regarding Israel is 'numba' one lair, country's don't lie, people do.

• ?
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

before 1967, the west bank belonged to Jordan. By conquering it Israel didn't occupy Palestine but a territory without any kind of autonomic administration neither economic.

that's a big difference.

Israel and the palestinian authority are dialoging and trying to reach to an agreement , that's another big difference (although the past show us that probably it will not happen).

all who wants peace (i am israeli) believes that the west bank will became to be that Palestine you are talking about (or maybe you want ALL Israel also ?).

but hey , i am Israeli, and it seams that you know all the israelis, so i am a liar and you doesn't want to know nothing that doesn't match your believing and prejudice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Israel occupying Palestine?

There was never a country called Palestine.

There was never a Palestine government.

There was never a leader of Palestine.

There wasn't any Palestine borders.

Palestine is a made up country with made up people.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Israel is different because even though the Israelis are occupiers, they are still bigger jerk offs than anyone else.

Source(s): 1
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

You ask a question, and then when people give you the proper answer, you claim they "give you crap?"

I'm not going to waste too much of my breath on this one, but did Somalia, China, or Russia ever say "we will recognize these people-- here let's have negotiations" and then be given impossible preconditions BEFORE such negotiations could even begin?

Abbas: "Uhh yeah, we Really really want a Palestinian State, but Before we even TALK about it, you need to release 100 people that killed innocents on your side (because those are the people Palestinian leaders care most about--killers). And, you pretty much need to do everything I say, otherwise I don't give myself a state, and I shall allow the terrorists in my territory to keep attacking you. I know you don't get any benefit here, but scew logic, We're Palestinians!"

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Hello you :))

Israel is the ancestral homeland of the Jewish people for a start. There is no place called Palestine and no such thing as a Palestinian people. You may be interested to read this comment, made by a man who thinks just that.

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a

Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle

against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality

today there is no difference between Jordanians,

Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and

tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of

a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand

that we posit the existence of a distinct 'Palestinian

people' to oppose Zionism.

"For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state

with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa.

While as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa,

Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem."

(PLO executive committee member Zahir Muhsein, in a 1977

interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw.)

I don't really see how you can continue with this argument and you should probably delete your question now, to save further embarrassment lol. Israel is an established nation and is here to stay, so you guys should really be focusing on how you plan to live alongside her peacefully, agree?

I hate the new layout too btw :))

@ Petit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w9onGjR41M

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Somalia does not occupying somaliland.

Somalia does not fully control it their territory

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Israel is the only true Jewish state in the world, Jews have always lived there to some extent.Palestine is merely another name for Israel coined by the Romans to deny the Jewish heritage of Israel. Jews have used the term Palestine for thousands of years. Arabs have used the term Palestine for only about 100 years. There are many Arab and Islamic states,only 1 true Jewish state.Israel is a democracy that protects the rights of racial,religious and ethnic minorities

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.