Should I quit my job?

I am a high school student and have to work Sundays to. I serve food and when thats all done, it's almost 7:30. I have to do all the dishes and pots which is over 2 1/2 hours of work (assuming you're moving very fast) and I am very slow. I have to wait for all the dishes to come at me at once. The person training me said they used to have 2 people doing the dishes when she started (I work weekends, shes weekly). I am by myself now (their shorthanded). Should I tell my boss I need a 2nd person or just quit?? I have only been working for a week now. Thank you. I also read I am underpaid.

Favorite Answer

Yes do mention to your boss that you realize there were 2 people doing this job and now there is only you, Will you be hiring another person to join me and if so when?... and then try to hang in there. Inform your boss you will obviously do the best you can with on one person now doing a two person job and I hope that you will be patient and understanding with me , just until we can get another person to help me then things should get back to normal.

And in the mean time do try your best. You can look at it as crap I have no one to help. Or you can look at it as this is my time to shine, and show my boss I stepped up and done a good job that is normally under taken by two employees and heck who knows maybe if you find you can handle it. You can present an idea to your boss and say you know mr. so and so. As you see im handling a two man job perhaps you could pay me more and we can do without the extra guy. That way the company saves money and i'm making decent wage and were both happy what do you think?

Good luck

i hated working in a resturant