Hal asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 years ago

How Can I get my Windows 7 Key?

So my hard disk is completely destroyed. I bought a New SSD and want to install windows 7 on it. However I don't have my key for windows 7 on the old HDD. Is it possible for me to get a new key by calling Microsoft and giving them the serial code under my laptop? Keep in mind I got this laptop in Europe. Also where can I get a Windows 7 installation CD? Or will I have to buy windows 7 again.

Best Answer

If you poke around forums.mydigitallife.info, you might find an installation iso you could download. Be sure you download the correct version. I hope that you have a Windows COA sticker on your laptop ... Sometimes they are under the battery, but usually they are clearly attached to the bottom of the machine.

• Suman

No, you don't have to buy a new disc. The old one should be still valid. Just call up MS and explain your problem, and ask for a new activation key.

There should be sticker on the laptop if there isn't you have to ring microsoft