What are some good Third Person Shooters for the PS3?

I don't care for the crosshair systems in FPS games, so I was thinking of looking for TPS that maybe didn't focus on "point and shoot" design.

Dead Space is classified as a TPS, but uses an FPS targeting design with a crosshair. I was hoping for a game less like that one and more like Devil May Cry that uses an auto target. I wouldn't mind if a crosshair/FPS design was used anywhere in the game, just not as it's only gameplay design.

Any ideas?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ali
    Lv 4
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

Just Cause 2 is pretty amazing, or you can try AC3 despite the fact that it's better for swords and stuff rather than guns...a lot of today's games are going first person.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

"And this is a pet peeve of yours... why?"

Wow, you're such a jerk. It's not a pet peeve, can't a guy ask a question without you making a case out of it?

"Now this... this question is entirely stupid."

It's not stupid, you're stupid. There's nothing wrong with asking, what's wrong is you thinking you're the overlord of what's right and wrong, get over yourself.

"Your insinuation that ALL Mario fans call rings coins is beyond ridiculous."

What an idiot. I never said "ALL" Mario fans. You're just being a troll.

"I'm a Mario fan, and I call them rings in Sonic, and I call them coins in Mario."

Well that explains why you're being an idiot, because you can't stand someone who's opinion is different from yours. Well, too bad, Sonic can kick Mario's butt anyday, Sonic is cool, Mario is lame in comparison. Mario sucks, Sonic rules. So ha, ha, and ha.

"Frankly, I have never come across a single person that does what you say they do. Now who's the fool?"

Yep, it's official, you're a total moron! So just because YOU never seen something, you think that means it doesn't happen.

Wow, Atheist much? Idiot. Watching Sonic LPs (Let Plays) by Mario fans, it CONSTANTLY happens. So if you don't watch LPs, don't you tell me what does and doesn't happen when you don't know sh-t yourself.

Now who's the fool? (It's you, since you're likely too foolish to know, I asked who's the fool and you'd be like "umm, I don't know, is the answer 47?")

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

When it comes to 3rd person shooters, the Uncharted Series is the best. The same company also made The Last of Us which I heard was really good. I also like James Bond Blood Stone. I would also recommend Skyrim because you can choose to play in 1st or 3rd and switch instantly. Hope this helps.

• Sarah
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

The Beureau: Xcom Declassified?

It's a third-person shooter and has you directing troops around like in Mass Effect. It's a bit of an action/consequence game too, so if a character dies, they're dead.

It's barely based around the shooting part at all, it's mostly story and leadership in it; especially since all other games in the Xcom series are all strategy games.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Steve
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

These are the best ps3 games:

Mass Effect series.

Tomb Raider.

inFamous

Ratchet and Clank series.

Metal Geat Solid IV

• 6 years ago

I like James Bond Bloodstone.

• 6 years ago

Uncharted. Start with drakes fortune. Then after that series try out GTA or something they are meant to be good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.