Who else is experiencing this in mail?

When I receive a email, it will send me a notification, so i will check my inbox, click on this, which leads me to a given date... say June 17th, yet we are in Oct and it is the 8th.

If I hadn't played around with this, i would have entirely missed the email.

Imagine if one had a family emergency... and someone was trying to contact you in that manner... Wow... this is pathetic..

Is there a link to let Yahoo Mail know this is not even what one would expect in service...

What are the names of some other mail servers... ?

Also, who would i report this finding to.? Does yahoo allow pop mail forwarding or has this been taken away as well?

Favorite Answer

I am receiving emails from others who use Yahoo email... and many are hours or a day or two late.

I use Hotmail.. now called "Outlook".

I have never liked all the problems Yahoo has with their mail and don't even use it for Answers.. all my messages are forwarded to my Hotmail.

http://email.about.com/od/freeemailreviews/tp/free...

Top 13 Free Email Services

• ?

Until I saw your post, I was working on the theory that it was an overload of the system caused by the US government shutdown. But, since you are in Canada, this seems highly unlikely. There have been several events like this happening in my area with email. Usually, what I find is that the email has landed in the server, been time stamped, and then has suffered a delay in being sorted to your box due to heavy volume or perhaps even your box not being available. This is similar to what can happen with the Postal Service. They may receive a letter of which is, while in their custody, misplaced for a period of time. It eventually shows up.

Unfortunately, email is not considered important. Perhaps, in the near future, we will see dedicated Internet servers which are just that. But, for now, email is a secondary feature which is not considered secure or even important. It is harder for the government to get a warrant to snoop on your telephone calls than it is for the Internet, and many people can do that much more easily due to the way the system is set up.

I have just recently switched to a new email service that uses encryption and protection that makes it a little more reliable, but at a cost. The bigger the company, the more likely that the NSA and others will have bugs in the system, no matter where in the world you are. It looks like we went from 2013 to 1984. :-(

Not quite the same problem, but someone sent an email to me yesterday during the early evening. It did not show up in my inbox until this morning. However the time that it showed that email was delivered was several hours before it actually showed up. Which leaves me wondering where that message was in those hours?

• Peter

the new format seems to work.

Yahoo will likely pay some writers for good reviews.

After you open a message the tiny red box may show a message after you opened and deleted the message.

Its a dgobal site in spite of your location or home.

There are so many glitches in the new format. This is but one of them.