Am i lactose intolerent?

So I've had test to see if I was allergic to anything and they said I was a little sensitive to dairy but that was years ago, also when I was about 6-8 I couldnt eat cheese before bed cuz I got a stomach ach. im now 13 yeew old almost 14, an for the past 3 weeks I've been having cereal in the morning with milk and I always get diarrhea (not to sound gross) an I get really gassy an get stomach cramps. Them when I don't have milk I'm fine? Am I lactose?

Best Answer

Take it from me you are

Yes it sure sounds like it. Diarrhea is a big indicator. I'm lactose intolerant as well and as much as I love cheese, it makes me feel all bloated and can affect my time in the bathroom as well. Vanilla almond milk is my favorite for cereal. Whole Foods also carries cheese alternatives. Some people also use Lactaid which allows them to eat lactose without being very bothered by it.

Hope you feel better!

Source(s): theallergista.com

My dad is lactose intolerent and usually vomits when he has icecream (because of the milk) But he can have cheese a little milk in cereal and in coffee... I think his case is a lot less severe if you got a stomach ache from cheese. Also if you have diarrhea that could be lactose intolerent. Personally i think you are

Hope i helped ;)

~Christina

• GHWeb

You have all the symptoms of it. Use soy milk instead, and if you have no problem, it isn't the cereal, it's the dairy milk....meaning lactose intolerant.

Sounds exactly like it. Something I think you would find useful is that some cheeses(Like Swiss,Cheddar,and Parmesan)have no lactose in them,so you can try them out.

Source(s): I'm lactose intolerant.

Yes and stop eating dairy.