DOM
DOM asked in Dining OutFast Food · 7 years ago

Have any of you worked a split shift?

What I mean is going to work at 8am and leave at 12pm and then going back to work at 4pm and work to 7pm.

Did you like it?

• night
    Favorite Answer

I didn't like it at all because the several hours I had off in the middle of the day weren't really like time off at all, since I knew what I would be going back to take care of soon. It would have been easier to just work a full shift then have some true down time.

Thats not a good split shift because they are making you work your butt off the morning rush...Then they make you leave and come back and work the dinner rush. Also you only work 6 hours with a split which isn't right. The business is manipulating you, so they can save extra money. Your split schedule sounds like you work at some type of food business. Correct me if Im wrong.

I did it for a long time when I was bumped from full time to part time for USAirways. I worked my part time shift in the pm and picked up a extra over time (four hr part time shift) in the morning. Covering a sick call or a vacation. I also would pick up swaps. I would go home and then come back. I really put the miles on my car making two trips almost the whole time I was part time in my last three years at USAirways before the the final lay off. I did not care for it as you asked but they still paid well .

• mike

If you live close to work then it's a good way to work. Just work when there are lots of customers to make money on and don't work when its slow. I used to work breakfast and then go to college for three classes and then work dinner. They were long days but I had two full days off each week which was great. It is a lot better being at home or doing something else instead of standing around and doing nothing waiting for customers

I have. It is not a good idea unless you just loooove the business and the great tips (if any). I rather go to school during the day and work at a great restaurant for some good tips at night. After all, how long do you want to work for Disney dollars?

I had that at Subway. Usually 2 or 3 hours between shifts and I hated it. You don't really get the time to relax and I would of rather just worked and getten off earlier.

• ME

That's nothing. I use to work 9am to 11pm and then go to another job from 12am to 3am with only Friday off.

Today though I'd never do it, I'm too old for that crap, but when I did do it I was 18-19

Yup! Mine where from 5am-11am and back at 4pm-9pm

its hard! especially since the day before I got out at 11pm from a full shift. But I am young and strong so I do it :) got to make that green!! lol I liked my check!

Yes I have, I didn't like it because I couldn't fully relax knowing I had to go back to work.

It's better to work a spliff shift.