Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 6 years ago

Why must WWE turn a heel face after the heel gets a positive crowd response?

I've never been able to understand that.

Dolph Ziggler got a great NJ crowd response when he was a heel, and all of a sudden, he turned face the next week, and now, he's fallen back to mid-card status.

Wasn't Ric Flair "The Man" by being the heel everyone loved to hate?

Wasn't Rick Rude world wide famous for simply being the ultimate heel?

Heels getting crowd pops doesn't always translate well as turning face. That only works when the heel is a manipulated Frankenstein monster, like Batista.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Best Answer

I remember back in June when Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio faced off for the WHC Title at WWE Payback. ADR was a face character at the time and Ziggler was a heel character. When ADR came out, the crowd suddenly booed him and the crowd cheered for Ziggler. This resulted in a double turn for both ADR and Ziggler; ADR became the heel character again and Ziggler became the face character.

ADR also had some pops and cheers during his WHC Title match with Christian at Summerslam. So, I feel it sometimes depends on how much the crowd is into the superstars and the matches.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Because Cena feels threatened when faces and heels get more cheers then him and he tries to bury them (Mark Henry, Ryback, ect)

• Skitzo
    Lv 6
    6 years ago

WWE writers need more weed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.