If a teen aged artist becomes popular in today's time, is there a strong chance they'll do drugs?

And become a freak like Miley Cyrus? Justin Beiber is a little freaky too, but he keeps it hidden - lol

Cat Burglar ☠Nami☠: that's a very smart way of thinking.

• l
    Best Answer

Teenagers in general are just likely to try drugs. Whether or not they stay on them as a coping mechanism in their life depends on the life they lead. Fame is not necessarily a hellish life that requires drugs to escape from, it really depends on how it's dealt with. I think with most child stars in the movie and music industry, the biggest issue in their life is the abandonment of their parents and being forced to become adults when they aren't even close to being ready, especially when they have way more responsibilities on their plate than most kids.

@the kid above me: None of those things you listed as a refutation to my answer were responsibilities. I said they had more RESPONSIBILITIES than most kids, not more PROBLEMS. The fact of the matter is that most teenagers under 16 or so have to work to support themselves let alone manage being an icon that has no privacy and has to deal with every moment of their lives being scrutinized at a very impulsive age. You can preach to me all you want, but it's a moot point because again, it doesn't even relate to what I said. I didn't say they had it harder than most kids, I said they had more responsibilities.

"Most kids I know are carers for their parents or are in foster care themselves" Well then "most kids you know" aren't representative of the average kid which is what I, and this question in general are talking about. Because if you're honestly trying to say that the average child has to support their parents and are raised in the foster care system, then what you're saying is demonstrably false. You're making an argument from emotion and are arguing against a complete straw-man.

Yeah.

And Justin Bieber doesn't keep it hidden very well. Ask Bill Clinton or that poor bucket he took a p*ss into.

• Lucy

Probably. I really don't care. They have enough money to sort themselves out and get the help they need if they want to. Poor people can't afford to go to rehab.

@Cat burgler: 'they have way more responsibilities than most kids'? Really? Most kids I know are dealing with their parents beating each other up and physical and sexual abuse. Most kids I know are living in poverty with no food or enough space to study.

Most kids I know are carers for their parents or are in foster care themselves. I can't think of any child stars that deal with the kind of things that a lot of 'normal children' deal with on a daily basis.

It's more likely these days that they will be offered drugs but famous or not it's all down to the person to say yes or not.

• Yeah well maybe you should just shut up.

No I don't think so.