Do I have the right to want her to leave right now?

Married 27 years, 4 kids, growed up, 2 still living here though. We havn't been getting alone obviously, no way I could tell all the angles right here, but once she declared she was leaving, then signed a lease at a new place. I don't think I should have to watch her take 2 weeks to pack up 27 years of crap. I say you want to leave, take your clothes, and go. File divorce and then we split it up. I told her moving out would be tough, and this is what I am talking about. Can't decide how to pack everything. I could stack it all up in the garage and be done in 30 minutes, and she could make trips to pick it up, she will have plenty of time living alone.

• Bobbie
    Favorite Answer

I cannot help thinking that after that many years, there would not be a pretty clear trail leading up to this divorce. Those years are an investment and perhaps you can convince her to participate in some couple counseling in hopes of getting to the bottom of this mess.

But, if she just does not care anymore and just wants out, then nothing is gonna help tp put your marriage back together. Caring is the prime ingredient, without it.. nothing will work.

As far as her moving; just hire one of those local 2 guys and truck thing and let her have her stuff. In the meanwhile, I would begin to protect my assets, bank accounts etc. as long as you are married, she can do some serious damage to your accounts, credit and sanity. lawyer up.

• Gary B

No. you do not.

Everything is STIL HALF HERS, and SHE has ALL THE RIGHT to take it as long as she wants to move out.

And no, since the stuff is still legally part hers, YOU CANNOT "stack I it all up in the garage". it is HERS, and youi must legally leave it alone.

By the same token, YOU MUST NOT LEAVE. Right now, your advantage is that SHE IS LEAVING, and that means that she is WILLINGLY "abandoning" the property. When it comes time to actually finish the divorcee, YOU have a HUGE advantage! Anything that she doesn't take (like the house itself) COULD be considered "abandon", and therefore belong to YOU.

totally

What YOU need to do NOW is GET A LAWYER, and get proper legal advice concerning what rights you do have. Do nothing else until you speak with a lawyer. Anything you do now could SCREW YOU during the divorce hearings.

.

Sorry, this is a LEGAL issues, not an emotional one. you WANT her to be gone NOW, but legally YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS to force it.

HIRE A LAWYER!!!!

• zoom

If you have been together for 27 years and have four children together, it would be a pity to blow any civil future relationship, just to punish her and kick her out faster. Think of your kids too.

Why not let her take two weeks, but after that, dump her stuff in the garage.

Aren't you glad she isn't asking YOU to leave?

Let her go, have dignity and hold your head up high.

after 27 years and 4 children i can see why you are hurt and upset

try and have a little dignity, especially for your childrens sakes, grown or not

its still their mother

having her hump boxes from the garage isnt the way to go about this

make specific pre arranged times when she can come over and pack

it shouldnt be dragged out over 2 weeks since she has somewhere to stay

but try and keep it civil

You have the right to want anything... but you don't have a right to get everything your way. It is reasonable to pack 27 years worth of stuff in a month or more.

Come on, get real. She has been living with you for 27 years. It takes as long as it takes. Your not being fair.

• ?

Someones a bitter buster ....

I.think u.can.relax and she has every right to.take 2 weeks to.leavr ..that's normal ..