Will Batman ever have a TV show like arrow and smallville?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not yet.... The only Live Action Batman TV Show was the comedic Adam West one from the 60s (which was disturbingly faithful to that Era's comics

-- However It has long been stated that the first Few 'Pitch sessions' that got the ball rolling on what we now know as Smallville actually began as attempts to sell a "Young Batman' Series named 'Gotham'

once Smallville was on the air Birds of Prey, set in the Future about a wounded Batgirl (as Oracle) and the Batman/Catwoman's daughter Version of Huntress, got approved and ran for half a season

despite BoP washing out, the next few years of Smallville saw repeated talk about a Young Nightwing project Called 'Grayson'... No Idea how they were going to get around the infamous 'Bat-Embargo'

Season 5 of Smallville saw Aquaman debut and CW even ordered a Pilot for His series called Mercy Reef....

Season Six saw Oliver Queen arrive on Smallville, and most people saw the use of Queen/Arrow as writing around the aforementioned 'Bat Embargo' (Billionaire secret ID, and Themed weapons, as per the usual. Plus History with Lex and romance with Lois; Both being common points in Batman/Superman crossovers)

Most Recently when TDKR was between filming and Theaters I'd read several articles that several Premium Cable Networks (HBO Showtime, etc) were in talks to pick up a Batman Series that would have functioned as a 'breather' before any new film adaptations... Not sure how the Timing works out in whether this had any impact on CW's darker take on Arriow....

but in any Case the casting of Affleck to play Batman in Man of Steel 2, and the plans for a Greater Justice League Film Universe likely spawns another Bat-Blockade meaning it'll be at least a decade before there is even an Option for a Licensed Batman Series

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Yes,it was called Batman. It was on TV in the 1960s.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

That be great. I remember nightwing was an idea for a show. I think it was talked about before arrow came out

• 6 years ago

it will in future

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.