Was Buddha gay? (please read first)?

Its said that when Buddha was meditating, a demond (mara) tempted and tried to distract him wish the visions of beautifu women, how did he ignored this?

• delta
    Favorite Answer

Buddha let go of desire. So he desired neither male nor female partners.

Buddhism is basically a method of cultivating the mind. It is true that, with its monastic tradition and its emphasis on ethical factors, it possesses many of the surface characteristics that Westerners associate with religion. However, it is not theistic, since it affirms that the universe is governed by impersonal laws and not by any creator-god; it has no use for prayer, for the Buddha was a teacher and not a god; and it regards devotion not as a religious obligation but as a means of expressing gratitude to its founder and as a means of self-development.

Beautiful or not is a vision of a person mind. if some one know the truth of inside every body same with blood nerves and flesh, and skin. body always generate **** even beautiful or not.

• stbb

Base on your question you must be either a young buck or overly confident chick; we mature man can turn away any attractive woman if and when we want or when we need.

Don't forget Buddha was a prince, so what women he had not had or experienced if he wanted to. When you have so many of them women, then they are no longer matters.

The desires for him to find the ultimate truth of how to eliminate suffering was just too great then just get his sexual desires fulfilled. Especially when he knew the desires are still the causes to remain lock in the state of Suffering.

Just out of curiosity would you have sex with devil's beautiful daughters or handsome sons if you are a woman?

Even I can resisted other women in college when I had a particular woman in mind; or when I had a business adjective at later date, I refused the advance of women who can cause me problems. So when you have a goal in mind you can turn your mind out any desirable and undesirable temptation.

Beside that, the morals, family responsibilities, personal goals and Buddhist precepts also empower me to refuse women. And I can assure you I am not gay.

Also, Buddha practiced other practices of six years, he must have learn to turn women into an undesirable objects, so you wouldn't have any interest in them. which is one of main teaching and practices for someone who wants to achieve Arhatship.

Source(s): Buddhist/ Vajrayana Yogi

He was a master of himself. He, like most strong men in touch with the,selves, was able to see through the vanity of women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm7gsNMETXM

Youtube thumbnail

SO YOU THINK WHENEVER YOU SEE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, YOU GOT BANG?

He fapped instead