Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 7 years ago

Fantasy football : Who should I pick up : Andre Brown or Darrius Heyward-Bey?

Who should I pick up : Andre Brown or Darrius Heyward-Bey? Brown should be back and playing week 10. Heyward-Bey should be one of the top receivers of indy since the injury to R. Wayne. I'm leaning towards Brown since my RB depth is a little weak...

My roster :

QB Andrew Luck,

RB Chris Johnson, Demarco Murray (if he plays)

WR A.J. Green, Antonio Brown

TE Jordan Reed

FLEX Mike James (TB)

D/ST Chiefs D/ST

BENCH

Justin Blackmon, Doug Martin, Reggie Bush, Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz.

Forgot to mention that I have a roster spot available so I won't need to drop anybody

Favorite Answer

You are correct, your need is @ RB:) Bey is in competition for Wayne's position not a given spot. Have you checked WAIVER WIRE for needs, Z Stacy, A Ellington? A Brown as anyone, is a risk coming off injury, MAY HAVE LIMITED TOUCHES as well. I went with Stacy & he's looking goooood!:) NYG's are looking rough on O-Line, have not been able to run all year. If A. Brown is your only option go for it but understand the risk. HOW IS REGGIE BUSH ON YOUR BENCH????????? It looks as though you can afford to pick up A. BROWN, bench him & waite:) May the FOOTBALL GODS smile upon you:)

• greg g

Darrius Heyward-Bey. Brown is mostly a goal line back, and even if David Wilson is still out he is not the fastest RB and that is not promising on a struggling Giants offense. Reggie Wayne's injury will allow for Heyward-Bey to shine, so take him. However, your starting team and bench look really good so I would not drop anyone for either of these players

• Jared

Who are you going to drop? Harvin might (and I stress MIGHT) play this week. I know the rest are on bye or out for the season (sorry but Martin isn't coming back or at least he shouldn't...and if he does he'll probably suck and then re-injure his shoulder).

I don't really see the point of picking up Brown. I guess you're doing it as a hedge if Murray doesn't play? Still, who are you going to drop to get him though? Frankly, it sounds very likely that Murray will play this week so I wouldn't worry too much about him.

There is no knowing what Andre Brown can do considering he hasn't played this year at all. At the same time, your WR are very good and Heyward is not really worth it. I say pick of Brown.

I'd pick up Brown. DHB has been dropping passes still. You have good RBs and WRs as it is; usable RBs are harder to come by than WRs.