Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Would a killer who forces other people to kill for him not be able to be charged for murder?

I was watching Dexter and this came to mind. If he never kills anyone himself and always forces others to do it for him. Could he not be taken up on murder charges? I mean the other stuff sure but murder?

Update:

I thought the people who worked for Manson willingly killed on his behalf not because they were forced.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"Would a killer who forces other people to kill for him not be able to be charged for murder?"

He could be charged as "acting in concert". A person who doesn't commit the overt act of a crime is still legally guilty if he commits an act towards the commission of that crime, and does so with the same "mens rea" to commit the crime as the person who commits the act.

• 8 years ago

TV is written for effect. It not real and hardly ever written for accuracy. The instigator/conspirator, whatever you want to call it, of a murder is a murderer, just as those who murder for him. The Manson murderers willingly killed for Charles Manson because they were enthralled by him. They worshiped him. They were all murderers, sick, evil people.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Charles Manson.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Of corse they would be charged with murder just look at pamela smart and charels manson,and being an excon I've known at least 9 other people whose been charged for the same thing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Go visit Charlie Manson in the California State Prison system and ask him this same question.

• 8 years ago

Look up what Charlie's Mason was charged with he did the exact thing you just said

• 8 years ago

Happens very often, usually it involves those with more legal power than others.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.