Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Sharon S asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

What are your thoughts of Boston winning the world series at home first at home since 1918?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

well deserved, they played very well. the only two games they lost were the fact they blew a lead in game two and the obstruction call in game three.

this win is much more than a World Series title - it's a huge win for the city of Boston after what happened on April 15.

John Lester and "Big Pappi" were absolute studs in this series. Lester outpitched Wainright twice in the series and Dave Ortiz was just raking.

congratulations to the Boston Red Sox on their accomplishment

• Chris
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Glad those able to get to Fenway could celebrate one on the home turf. Beyond that, eh. I don't see the big deal. Winning a 3rd World Series in 10 years (when for a long time I thought I would never live to see the Sox even get one) is insanely wonderful, no matter what field the final out was on.

• 8 years ago

A great moment for the fans. Winning a championship at home is the dream of every player and fan. It's the ultimate reward for both.

• Cosmic
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I absolutely love it. Boston is a great city and they deserve it. Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox and their many fans!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think it is good not only for the fans but the city as well. My heart broke for them after the Boston Bombing. I'm sure this is something to bring them together and cheer them up after such a tragic event.

• 8 years ago

Boston is the greatest Sports city hands down!

• Spike
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I wasn't rooting for them but nevertheless I'm happy for Red Sox fans right now

• 8 years ago

Ready to cry. This was a very tough pill to swallow! Congrats Red Sox!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

What 95 years it took win a series.surprising.Thought I have less knowledge of BB .Just know about home run.Three attempts for each player to hit and run.

• 8 years ago

i was going for the cards then the red sox. then i just didn't care. but i guess its nice to see the team that beat my dodgers go out just like them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.