Sharon S asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

What are your thoughts of Boston winning the world series at home first at home since 1918?

Favorite Answer

well deserved, they played very well. the only two games they lost were the fact they blew a lead in game two and the obstruction call in game three.

this win is much more than a World Series title - it's a huge win for the city of Boston after what happened on April 15.

John Lester and "Big Pappi" were absolute studs in this series. Lester outpitched Wainright twice in the series and Dave Ortiz was just raking.

congratulations to the Boston Red Sox on their accomplishment

• Chris

Glad those able to get to Fenway could celebrate one on the home turf. Beyond that, eh. I don't see the big deal. Winning a 3rd World Series in 10 years (when for a long time I thought I would never live to see the Sox even get one) is insanely wonderful, no matter what field the final out was on.

A great moment for the fans. Winning a championship at home is the dream of every player and fan. It's the ultimate reward for both.

• Cosmic

I absolutely love it. Boston is a great city and they deserve it. Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox and their many fans!!!

I think it is good not only for the fans but the city as well. My heart broke for them after the Boston Bombing. I'm sure this is something to bring them together and cheer them up after such a tragic event.

Boston is the greatest Sports city hands down!

• Spike

I wasn't rooting for them but nevertheless I'm happy for Red Sox fans right now

Ready to cry. This was a very tough pill to swallow! Congrats Red Sox!

What 95 years it took win a series.surprising.Thought I have less knowledge of BB .Just know about home run.Three attempts for each player to hit and run.

i was going for the cards then the red sox. then i just didn't care. but i guess its nice to see the team that beat my dodgers go out just like them.