Why would some Russians use the Nazi salute,don't they know their own history or don't they care?

In an Irish newspaper today we have a set of photos of a so-called Russian March in Moscow on National Unity Day. Now there's nothing wrong with being patriotic, there is something wrong when people behave like idiots. When they give Nazi salutes do they forget the sacrifices made by their grandparents, do they forget about the hundreds of thousands, millions, of Russians killed by the Nazis? Are they so stupid? My wife who is Russian thinks these people are crazy.Thanks.

Here's a link to the photos: http://www.independent.ie/world-news/national-unit...

David, I do know a little about Russia, having been there a couple of times and having a university certificate in Post-Soviet Russian Society. Don't assume every westerner is ignorant of Russian affairs.

On hindsight I wanted to undo the thumbs down but can't, lol.

Favorite Answer

Ok, I went today to the Russian March in Moscow to see it all myself. It was rainy and windy but, you know, as they say "the truth needs sacrifices".

The March consisted of many separate groups of nationalists marching independently from each other with their ideological preferences ranging from monarchism to democratic nationalism and some sort of Orthodox socialism. What I am saying here is that there were many VERY different groups of people.

I noticed that this particular group of stupid youngsters (you left the link to) was especially popular among the photographers. I understand there was nothing interesting in taking pics of ordinary middle aged men and women (who were marching with their kids on their shoulders) who carried anti-Putin placards calling to review immigration policy or demanding to review the federal policy at North Kavkaz. For the press it was much more interesting to take pics of underage idiots who sneaked a few salutes for the pleasure of the press.

Honestly, I suspect there was a certain agreement between the photographers and those publicity hungry stupid youngsters - the former had a good shot of the "Russian Nazi" while the latter had their a few seconds of fame.

All this had nothing to do with the general sentiments of the Russian March.

• K2010

as far as I could understand, there are 2 different things

1 Russian marches that are not extremists, when people, in general were trying to attract Government to the issues of migration policy.

2 Violently xenophobic groups of Far-right Nationalists, who do the same, but chanting Russia for Ethnic Russians

I think education in Russian schools must have scaled down for such think would be unheard of 20+ years ago.

Those who forget history do so at their peril. If the governments arent carefull the same scenes will be seen all over the world.

Because the media carefully picks the material that will cause the most turbulence, controversy and angst in it's viewers, to get a raging reaction from you. You know nothing about Russia and the media exploits that by throwing bait to you. You live in the Brave New World, friend.

It's not that hard to do. It's pretty common hand move. Some of my friends did it by accident, forgeting it's a Nazi salute (I almost did it once - put my hand to my head then "Shi1, I forgot"). Some people do it without knowing it's a Nazi salute. Pretty annoying really.

It's called being ignorant

Kalm yourself by yesterday's once. http://otvet.mail.ru/question/96320688 it is for your wife to translate.

Because they are stupid and their souls are full of crud!

Source(s): I think they are acting stupid too!

Let us say "фа(н)к you!" in unison to KKK