Did Arabs force their Muslim religion on other countries/races?

i guess its what they called the Islamic Conquest where the arab muslims violently invade other non muslim areas where the Persians, Pashtuns, some Indians, Kurds, Turks, North Indigenous Africans, and other non arabic ethnic groups were just practicing their own culture and religion on their own with out bothering anyone but then the arab muslims decided to just push their agenda beyond their own lands and killed anyone who didnt convert to Islam.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • M S
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

far from truth

"there shall be no Compulsion in Religion"

Quran 2:256

plus, the prophet ppuh gave Christians written protection promise, no Muslim dare to disobey either the Creator or His last prophet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Catherine's_Mon...

====================

look for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:The_Patent_of_Mo...

• CanSu
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

wow... with islam and force related question.. you will definitely get lotsa answers...

first: for me, the ones who say islam is all about terror (=clu clux something and others) and forcing and jihad(=crusades) are bloody hypocrites if they are in some religion... no religion is peaceful.. al of them tries to make itself the biggest.

now my answer;

when you think of it would it be really permanent if those were forced?

if somebody forced me to do something when he turns his back i go back to my old self.

this probably happpened in history too...

im not a history expert but if u search it im sure you can find a country of a group of people who changes its religion everytime it invaded by another.

but most countries saving their religion decades after convertion.

so either they were volunteered or now they liked it that way.

i dont know the others but turks were shamanist and agnostic at the same time. some prayed to the sun. some didnt really care...

but what we have been told was preislamic turkish culture was really suitable for converting... there are still turkic groups that keeps their shamanic belief. and some group are christian. there are jew turks too. even now most turks dont really take it seriously. i mean religion is not really a religion for us, its becoming a culture and staying that way...

and well actually its forbidden that forcing islam to other people in muslim belief. im not really religious bu i read it somewhere in quran years ago, i just dont remember where...

• 6 years ago

No, not true, all the countries that were integrated into Arab empires, the local population was allowed to keep their religion, they just had to pay tax which was called 'jizya', most of these conversions can be attributed to peaceful sufi missionaries, rather than warring arabs as the stereotype and wrong impression goes...

• 6 years ago

No they did not. the reason why Islam spread so rapidly is because the Muslims let other practice their religion with a tax. This option was far better than their Byzantine emperor who forced Catholicism the people. So pretty much people weren't defiant when the Muslims "invaded" because the Muslims allowed the people to worship their religion for a tax.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

first of all;

forcible conversion is not allowed; there is a clear verse in the quran that says:

"there is no compulsion in religion" (surah albaqarah) i.e. that you cannot force someone to embrace Islam. scholars have a consensus on this point. so you are just plain wrong here.

secondly it is allowed for muslims to invade a non-muslim land if the people of that land refuse to pay what is called "jizya", which is basically a tax they would pay to the muslims in return for peaceful co-existence.

if they refuse to pay this tax than the muslims can invade them and take over their land. they cannot force them to convert to islam, they can apply the rules of sharia in the public arena, but they cannot put a sword to their neck and say "convert or die".

so this means that while the government would be operating under islamic shariah, the people who inhabit the newly conquered area cannot be forced to convert to islam. (by scholarly consensus)

this the real truth, without hiding anything.

• 6 years ago

Not all ethnics

However,100 million Buddhists in India killed !

• 6 years ago

"no-one was forced. "

-LOL, reality and history disagree. The fact that there is a death penalty for being an apostate shows you to be a liar.

" this was regarding those who would apostate and commit treason against the state.

but even if that was so how does it affect those who never converted. have you then no sense?"

-In the real world it has been used to murder those who have committed no treason besides leaving a religion they did not agree with. You are a liar.

"It's Christians who pushed their religion and conquests onto other cultures and countries. It's why Africa is still suffering to this day. "

-Wrong, the Janjaweed carrying out genocide in darfur are ARAB muslims.

• ?
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

As many as possible and a work in progress. Until Jesus shows up.

God Bless Ya,

Chicago Bob

imasinner

There is more joy in Jesus in one day.

Than there is in the World 365/24/7

I know, I tried them both.

Numbers 6:24-26

• Fitz
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

All three major Abrahamic faiths have had times where they spread their religion by the sword.

-edit-

Why must people give thumbs down to the truth?

Judaism: Conquered the Canaanites

Christianity: The Crusades

Islam: Moorish invasions, Ottoman invasions

• 6 years ago

The Turks were not part of the early islamic world, they would become islamic far later. The region the country of Turkey is in was at one time part of the Byzantine empire, it was Greek and orthodox christian.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.