Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Question on Philosophy for my Child and Family Studies Class?

I have to write a 7 page paper on this question below, not research based, just supposed to be on my interpretation and understanding of the topic. I am curious to see what everyone else interprets this as, so if you could "answer" the question, that would be really helpful, as I feel like I am not sure how to write what I am thinking.

"What is at stake when we recognize the importance of critical thinking? With reference to the contemporary "landscape", - to the world around us today- are you optimistic or pessimistic when it comes to the status or "health" of critical thinking? In your view, what are the main challenges and obstacles to critical thinking today, and are there possibilities for humanity to overcome these challenges and obstacles?

Favorite Answer

Critical Thinking.

The purpose of child guidance!

Often this guidance is due to the fact that the parents lack

the proper mental and emotional balances themselves, and are not able

to cultivate this into the child.

More often however, it is the result of failure of the parents to understand

the child's needs, and how to meet them. - Edward J. Flanagan