Audrey
Audrey asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 6 years ago

Be honest, does this name come off "deep southern?"?

Mara june

I really luv Mara but June as a middle name, its sounds like an hyfenated, southern hick name like betsie-sue and sue-bob and ect. Do you agree?

Be honest.

Not expecting.

Btw: mara (mar uh) and yes, i know the translation of this name but i still love it!

Favorite Answer

Yeah, a little bit. I love Mara but dislike June so much.

Maybe Mara as a middle name :3

Like Rooney Mara.. I love her name so much!

Mara June does sound a little southern, but not hickish!

• Ashley

Living in the deep south... I only know one Mara (Love the name) and the only June I know is in her 60s or 70s. It's not a common name down here.

That being said, the combination is horrible. There's no flow, and I don't know anyone down here that would do that to their baby girl. lol.

I don't think Mara sound southern.

I don't think June does either...it just strikes me as an older name.

Usually they use - Ann …or Joe . I have never heard June.. I don't think so..since I have not heard June..its very pretty and sweet. Although it has the southern syllabol sound…but still the name is NOT SOUTHERN

Its a beautiful name. Hickish is a great stylee;D lol not to bad of a deep southern name.