Teens, have you ever experienced something paranormal?

Do you believe in that stuff? Do you have any stories you'd like to share? I personally don't have a real experience, but there have been times I've felt something very close to me, when there was no one around. What about you?

BQ ~ How is your Saturday going?

BQ ~ Do you plan on going to college? Why/why not?

BQ ~ How old will you be next year?

Favorite Answer

Yes. I grew up in a haunted house where Paranormal Activity type stuff happened on a regular basis. It was pretty bad when I was a child, then there was a slight lull in activity, then it picked up again when I was in my early to mid teens.

I was about 5 years old when I had my first genuine experience with a spirit. I remember waking up in the middle of the night out of a dead sleep for no reason. I had been awake for a few minutes before I heard someone walk from my parents' room down the hall past my room into the kitchen and up the steps into the living room. I heard my dad's rocking chair creak as someone sat down in it and started rocking back and forth. At first, I figured that my dad had woken up and was getting ready for work. After all, it sounded like him and I didn't know what time it was. But after about 15 minutes, I heard "dad" get out of the rocking chair, walk into the kitchen and partially down the hall...and then nothing. The footsteps just STOPPED right outside my door. The next morning, I told my parents what I had heard and they got really concerned, but never told me why.

Whatever is/was inside my parents' house singled me out. Like it would pick on my little brother for a while and it would f*ck around with my mom and dad, but it had some sort of vendetta against me. It wasn't unusual for all the clothes hanging in my closet to start wildly swinging side to side. My knickknacks/stuffed animal collection would sometimes get rearranged in the middle of the night. I'd walk into a room and something (a loaf of bread, a picture hanging on the wall, knives...) would be thrown at me. The TV would turn itself on and start flipping through channels, my touch screen phone would unlock itself, flip through my contacts, and call people when I was nowhere near it. Occasionally, there'd be weird smells in the house. One entity smelled like a mix of spicy aftershave and pipe smoke, while another smelled like a really flowery, noxious perfume. Sometimes you could hear disembodied voices, some of which were speaking in German. Our cats would chase glowing orbs down the hallway. And last but not least, my mom, my brother, and I have seen full body apparitions. The most common one was my late step-grandfather, but my mom has reported seeing a kid in his late teens/early 20s in a white T-shirt and jeans and a man in overalls. She has heard a little girl singing "Happy Birthday" and a woman crying. My brother was pursued for some time by an entity that was half wolf, half human and could shapeshift into a black wolf. I also saw that thing, along with two young girls, a glowing orange orb the size of a baseball, a man in 1940s style clothing, a shadow person, and a ghost cat among many other terrifying, unbelievable things.

BQ: Saturday was very productive.

BQ2: No. I don't learn well in a traditional school setting. Plus college isn't worth it in the modern day. 99% of the time, your degree is useless (regardless of what it is) and you'll never find a job above minimum wage, if you can find one at all. For the first time in history, the majority of the unemployed have been to college. I don't feel like running myself into several thousand dollars of debt.

B3: 21.

Nope. And I'm glad I didn't. If I ever saw something paranormal I would drop dead so quick lol. But I believe all the paranormal stuff happens to people who play with all that religion and devil stuff and being in "haunted" houses. When I was like 12, I use to be scared of it. I would have a hard time going to sleep. But now I just close my bedroom door and go to sleep without staying up and looking around like something is gonna come out of the blue.

BQ: Good

BQ: Yea. Because I have to in order to be a veterinarian

BQ: 17. Even though I don't feel like it at all. I feel like I'm still 14.

My old babysitter / now close friend used to be convinced our house was haunted. I never really believed her. I adore the crap out of paranormal fiction, but I haven't experienced any paranormal experience on my own, and I don't like it when people pretend they have.

BQ: It's a slow day. I can't wait to get in the shower and relax. I think I've mentioned that I'm going to take a shower after I get off this damn website in, like, 5 questions. This is the last one.

BQ2: Yep, I've just got nothing else to do. I can't afford to travel, and i'd rather not go by myself anyway ; I don't want to hang around here any longer than I have to ; and I totally dig my top choice. So college it is.

BQ: 18.

Nope. As for believing, it depends on the situation. Some people who claim to have had paranormal experiences are full of BS or just overreacting but then there are other people who really seem sincere. I met someone recently who believed that there were three ghosts living in her house and the way she talked about it so nonchalantly really got me to change my view.

BQ: Pretty good!

BQ: Yes, because I've always wanted to. And lots of other reasons lol.

BQ: 17.

• Abby

I have had one, two if you count my UFO sighting. In spite of it though, I still can't bring myself to believe in ghosts. I think there there must be another explanation, but I really saw it.

So I had these friends, brothers, and in their house, if you sat in the armchair to watch tv, you could see straight through the door of the laundry room, which was usually dark. The younger brother said he saw a ghost in there, like a shining blue outline of a man. We thought he was joking, until the older brother saw it, and then one day I did. It was the blue outline of a man, clear in the middle, that waved once and disappeared. It was weird.

And then there is the time I saw a UFO, but that is a story for another time.

BQ: OK, a little boring.

BQ: Yes, because I want to be a translator (and also go somewhere)

BQ: 18

• Jack

This might have been me seeing things, but I'm not sure.

We used to have a great pyrenees dog named Genny. She was a really good dog. About 4 years ago, she died (on the day before my birthday no less). However, I don't remember exactly when, but I think I saw her walking down our upstairs hallway a while after she died. She was slightly translucent, but I'd know that white puffy creature anywhere. I like to think that even though she died, she still watches over myself and my siblings, her "puppies" :)

BQ: Pretty good. My grandparents came over :)

BQ: Yes because I'd like to study more about technological support/creative writing after school.

BQ: 17, but my birthday's pretty late in the year, so right now I'm still 15 (I REALLY want to be 16 though).

I ate a burrito and the smell was rather haunting. But, no. No actual paranormal experiences.

It's going away because now it's Sunday.

Yes. I want to study to be a neuroscientist.

I will be 16.

No, and I don't really believe in the paranormal, either. Don't get me wrong though, I love paranormal/ghost related stories.

BQ: Bad. A movie I thought was in theaters isn't as it happens and now I have nothing to do. :/ I'll probably get a good portion of my book done.

BQ2: Yes, I definitely do. I want to further my education and prepare for a career.

BQ3: 18.

My mother experienced something. After my cousin died, she went to his apartment To help retrieve his things. She said she was sitting on his bed staring in a daze at a hat on the floor and it just turned over by itself. She knew it was him. I guess that was his way of telling her he was okay because he committed suicide. And something scarier,: after he died my brother was taking pics of me while I wasn't paying attention. When he looked back at them, one of the pics had a skull next to my head you can clearly see because I was sitting on a black couch. Even freakier he sent a txt before he killed himself to his friends saying he was finna do it. It also had a picture and although I never seen it my mom said he look possessed, not himself and kinda like the skeleton from the picture. If I had any doubts about anything paranormal before, I don't anymore.

BQ: it's pretty boring right now

BQ: yes plan on majoring in business management! :)

BQ: 18

• Emily

No because "paranormal activity" does not exist.

- Boring.

- Probably but I don't want to.

- I'll be 16 in December.