Ralian asked in PetsFish · 7 years ago

can Veiltail Goldfish and Veiltail Bettafish can live together?

can male Veiltail Goldfish and female Veiltail Bettafish live together and make babies..............and how can you make tap water suitable for these fish without using any divice

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Can they live together?

No.

Goldfish need cold water. Betta need warm water. Goldfish poop/pee a lot. Betta will be poisoned in their water. Betta are fin nippers, and goldfish don't have any means to protect themselves. They also need different foods. Goldfish are vegetarians, and betta are carnivores.

Can they make babies?

No.

They are different species. Just like a human can't have a baby with a dog - these fish can't breed.

Can you make tap water suitable for fish without devises?

No.

You MUST have filtration. Especially for goldfish. Remember all that poop and pee? It's got to be filtered out with a machine. Bettas can live for short times without filtration, but you have to change the water a lot.

ALSO: You have to use tap water declorinator. It's not a "devise", it's drops you get to take the chlorine out of the water. Chlorine is bleach. Obviously, fish can't live in bleach water.

PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE

Do lots of research. There are lots of sites on the internet about aquariums, goldfish and betta. Please do lots of reading before you get any fish.

• 7 years ago

Not a good idea.

Goldfish require cool water for long term care. While they can tolerate warm water for short periods, living in the 80 degree water a betta requires will cause health problems.

No they cannot and will not mate. They are different species, and too different to reproduce. Their genomes will not mix. Also their courtship is completely different.

You need a 3-5 gallon filtered and heated tank for a betta, and a 30 gallon heavily filtered aquarium for the goldfish. You use any tap water conditioner that dechlorinates for your water changes.

I definitely recommend you do a lot more research.

• 7 years ago

They can't live together. The betta will attack the goldfish, thinking that it is another betta. Bettas are also tropical and goldfish are cold water fish. I was lucky with my betta and 4 goldfish, they have lived together for a while, but I will move it to a new tank. If you want tank mates for your betta, I would get some corry catfish in a 10-gal tank.

• 7 years ago

no no no no no no no

Just. No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.