marijuana being detected for a dz license medical?

So i am trying to get a license for a recyling job. requires a dz and i need to get a medical before i do anything else. I used to be a pot head, now i do occasionally and socially. Its been about 2 weeks since i smoked it, then another couple before that. Lets say they detect it, what would happen? would the employer be informed or would i fail the medical? also would it be smarter to wait for whatever reason? what should i here?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually, the amount of time THC is detectable depends on the amount of drugs you use and for how long and the test being administered. A hair test could show usage for months. A pee test shows usage for chronic usage/addicts for up to 4 weeks.

If this is part if your medical and you fail, you won't get the job. If you have been hired, you will be fired. If you fail a random test after you are hired, you will likely be fired.

You are a drug addict. Get help, please. If you decide that drugs are more important than work or you find a job that doesn't test, please, never ever ever use and drive. Please.

• 7 years ago

Usually it takes four weeks to get out of your system, but it might be less if you don't smoke regularly. You could take the physical now and if you flunk ask to be retested.

Learn from this. Either plan to get a job that never tests, or decide if you want a job more than you want to smoke.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.