DOM
DOM asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 7 years ago

How effective are those Hand Sanitzers?

Just wondering.

• Alice
    Favorite Answer

They are very drying and not that effective when compared to washing with soap and water for a sufficient length of time (minimum 20 seconds). I actually witnessed an idiot mother apply hand gel to her 3-year-old son's hands IN A STORE RESTROOM, in lieu of washing his hands, after he used the toilet. That is beyond stupid.

The FDA has warned that hand sanitizers cannot make claims of being able to prevent transmission of MRSA, Salmonella, Staph or flu.

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/news/20110421/fd...

Hand washing is by far the most effective way of preventing the spread of filth and bacteria. Here is more detailed information for those who need it:

Most people don't apply enough or rub long enough. Hand washing is still best. That said, when hand washing isn't possible, use plenty to where it is sloppy and rub until evaporates.

Yeah, I find it very drying as well which is why I limit it's use.

They are very effective

They contain alcohol and sanitise your hands very effectively

I prefer the foam ones rather than the gel ones