Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Is Obama destroying American sovereignty?

Obama DOJ Claims International Treaties Trump The U.S. Constitution…

Insanity surrounds us.

Via Washington Examiner:

Justice Department attorneys are advancing an argument at the Supreme Court that could allow the government to invoke international treaties as a legal basis for policies such as gun control that conflict with the U.S. Constitution, according to Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas.

Their argument is that a law implementing an international treaty signed by the U.S. allows the federal government to prosecute a criminal case that would normally be handled by state or local authorities.

That is a dangerous argument, according to Cruz.

“The Constitution created a limited federal government with only specific enumerated powers,” Cruz told the Washington Examiner prior to giving a speech on the issue today at the Heritage Foundation.

“The Supreme Court should not interpret the treaty power in a manner that undermines this bedrock protection of individual liberty,” Cruz said.

In his speech, Cruz said the Justice Department is arguing “an absurd proposition” that “could be used as a backdoor way to undermine” Second Amendment rights, among other things.

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/10/30/obama-doj-claim...

Ted Cruz criticizes DOJ for arguing international treaty can trump the Constitution

http://washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-criticizes-...

• Favorite Answer

Obama is a globalist and no international treaty should EVER trump the US Constitution.

• Gazza

LOL. The US constitution doesn't trump international law and treaties.

American allies are not bound by the American constitution, they are bound by treaties. The American constitution means nothing outside America.

And to think my fellow Texans elected Cruz. No, none of that is true. And just what is the good Senator saying, chemical weapons are covered under the 2nd Amendment?

Yes , under direct orders of the UN and The Council on Foreign Relations .

Republicans are loosing wedge issues and you are proving it. Last vote there was not even enough democratic votes for a gun ban. I love guns and hate abortions but I don't vote republican and I know I am not alone. However if you like holding shotguns to your boyfriend or girlfriends head you may loose your gun with something on your record.

• Gaijin

Always trust a site that asks you to donate bail money.....hahahahaha

Ted Cruz said that all the way from Canada...wow.

Why nothing from Alex Jones?

Yes.

You should really move to another country soon !

though I should warn you, other countries dont tolerant whiners

as much as America does.

I don't think so.

I don't see other nations invading the US, so I would say no.

Not that easy.