Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 7 years ago

What Bible accounts are accepted as true by Muslims?

More specifically do you believe that the Adam and Eve story is true, do you think it is literal or allegorical and lastly do you think Adam or Eve was more at fault?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well there are many things i believe are true in the bible, like the 1st commandment, when Jesus said to the children of israel worship God my Lord and your Lord, and many more examples. (I may add a link later if i find a good site).

About the Adam and Eve part, we do believe 100% and i answered in your other question about who was more guilty. Which i believe they both had an evel fault.

Source(s): Just a muslim
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • The bible version of the Adam and Eve story has many lies. Both were at fault equally.

The true Adam and Eve Story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7W2A3ls6BU

Youtube thumbnail

• JustMe
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Sorry..but none. There is no Bible left that haven't been tarnished,even though some portion of them are still true.

Yes..as a Believer,the story of Adam,Eve,God and Satan is true for me. But did Adam and Eve nude in Heaven and only learn of shame from eating the Forbidden Fruit? No..I believe the version in the Quran.

Both of them were at fault and both were forgiven by God. As God said in the Quran..

• Joker
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

In Islam we believe Adam and Eve were both at fault equally, and God forgave them.

Source(s): Muslim Bro
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

We do not accept the Adam and Eve story of Christianity. Both were at fault, and both were forgiven.

The whole pain of childbirth because of this sin...I simply asked that just to try to understand the Christian views on this. If you want to see the answers that I got: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Am...

I still don't really know what the answer is, though.

• 7 years ago

The Gospel of Jesus written by Barabbas may more acceptable to Muslims as it resembles holy Qur-an much. But as and when qur-an came as the revised edition of all previous Books and commandments only qur-an is acceptable to Muslims and it should be for all humanity as Qur-an is not for Muslims alone.

• HS
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Hey.

For the muslim, we take the Qur'an as a judge over previous books in to ascertain the truth from them.

"And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a *criterion* over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth." - [5:48]

We believe in the Adam and Eve story as literally true. Both were at fault in disobedience -

"But Satan caused them to slip out of it (heaven) and removed them from that [condition] in which they had been. " - [2:36]

Peace.

• 7 years ago

If it is not true I would not be a Muslim. It is not allegorical or literal.

They were our parents.

And Iblis mislead them and when they realized it , they asked Allah's Apology . Allah SWA forgive them out of his mercy.

• jm
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

This verse from the Quran will explain it to you why:

Say, "We have believed in Allah and in what was revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Descendants, and in what was given to Moses and Jesus and to the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and we are Muslims [submitting] to Him." Quran: 3:84

We believe the original books from God. There are words from God in the Bible but there are words of man as well.

Yes, the story of Adam and Eve are also in the Quran.

• 7 years ago

Non; corrupt beyond hope...read the blasphemes written about the honorable messengers and prophets peace is upon them.

Source(s): Nooh / Dawud / Sulayman / Eisha peace is upon them
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.