Poll: What do you think of people who are sexually attracted to intelligence?

Just wondering, lol.

I know someone exactly like that, and I think it's pretty cool, perhaps a little unheard of, because a lot of people go for looks, or something....

• Ksmike
    Favorite Answer

I think you asked a pretty good question.

Often women (more than guys) will be more attracted to someone who's successful, but not always because of money.

Example: Would you consider Justin Timerlake more desirable than an equally looking guy, that just won the lottery? JTs not that psychically attractive, but how much does his success help him out?

Now for intelligence, as a guy I want to be with a woman who is smart. I want to be with a woman who wants to be with a guy that's smart (and hope I qualify). But that's just a part of non-physical attraction. How much you enjoy being around the other person (and vice-versa) is what counts so much. I married outside of my race (White & Asian) and didn't even think of it as a possibility as a kid. Couldn't be happier right now. If she were Hispanic or Black, it would be the same way.

An intelligent man will keep you entertained for many years.

I swore I would never marry a man who didn't read! I dated beefcake with very little intelligence and realized smart men are just more attractive.

He is less likely to cheat because that would mean he would have to stop reading for five minutes or learning or just sitting there processing new information. .

People who are attracted to men with very big brains may be rare but sometimes you can find someone who is moderately attractive and exceptionally bright.

I guess I like them.

Mental stimulation vs the physical attraction makes a lot of sense to me.

It's eventual going to become a problem when you're sitting across someone and you can't even have a conversation with one another.

To me I think its fine, maybe because that is how I am. It's just another way to be sexually attracted to someone. Some go for personality or looks and some go for intelligence

I was one of them until a few years ago. In college, I think I found myself attracted to all of my male professors at some point, lol. It didn't matter how old or eccentric they were, I just found them fascinating because of what they knew. I'm not into that much anymore though, now those men have a tendency to come across as smug to me, and arrogant.

• ?

Lots of people are sexually attracted to intelligence.It s nothing new or weird.

You think Bill Gates had someone who was physically attracted to him. LOL

Different.

I find intelligence in a guy really attractive but I can't be jUST attracted to that.. He must be good looking too.

Great minds think alike. I believe the word is 'sapiosexual', meaning someone who is sexually attracted to intelligence/the human mind.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/sapiosexual

It is a bit out of the ordinary.

• Zer0

So am I supposed to teach them the drake equation to get them horny?

Naw but I think it's unusual... nothing wrong with it of course tho.