Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

When did the masses forget that Ha Satan is a metaphor, not a manifest being?

The misunderstanding has caused a never-ending river of rubbish to flow from the West since...

...not that the East doesn't have its own issues.

@Auntie:

I really find gods as metaphors to be much easier to swallow from a polytheist POV; there a tempter-persecutor god (metaphor)—like Satan, or Mara—just becomes another in the sea of ideas.

@Alex Nero:

Oh, evil is real enough, as far as this reality goes (which is another issue entirely)... but people generate it. Satan represents that inner force.

• Monk
    Favorite Answer

Tadashi,

Right after Christens started burning people at the stake for saying so in days of old.

Source(s): History

To understand that Satan is a metaphor is to understand god is a metaphor...and that ain't never gonna happen for some people.

A god of the underworld permeates many mythologies so it stands to reason that Christianity would incorporate this very useful tool into religion to strike fear into, and control the masses. Heck, if I were god, that's how I'd plan it.

Did Satan replace Hades or Tartarus or Thanatos?

I'm not concerned about the masses,but I assure you Satan is real,as is Evil.

• Curtis

You need to realise that those who do not know that satan is real are already lost. I pray you wise up and know that satan is a real being who loves to destroy all he can.

• JJ

Look, we've got our red devil with pitchfork and horns and we're happy with that, OK.

What masses?