Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Is the one common trait among liberals that they are all uninformed?

The way I see it there are 4 groups that make up the vast majority of liberals. They all seem to be lacking in some form of intelligence.

1) The low IQ group- Obama won high school drop outs by a 2-1 margin. While there may be some intelligent people in that group presumably all of the lowest IQ people struggle the most in school. They are lacking raw intelligence.

2) Young students- Another one of Obama's strongest groups. They may have higher IQs but lack the education to know how to use their intelligence.

3) The academics- The one group liberals can point to to show their party isn't completely made up of morons. But an academic is very different from an intellectual. Academics are typically very specialized and know very little outside of their field and they almost always have little to no life experience. I would also argue that they generally have lower intelligence than people who just get a 4 year degree. Truly brilliant people (Einstein, Bobby Fischer, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs) usually struggle in school and frequently drop out. People who go on to pursue higher degrees instead of going out and looking for a job, typically do so because they feel they don't have enough to be successful without it.

4) People who don't speak English- Almost always vote democrat. They may be intelligent and even have education and life experience, but the fact that they struggle to understand the news affects their ability to understand politics.

@jotacar-

1) My IQ is quite a bit higher than that and I'm a conservative. I would think, though, that if you had a reasonably high IQ you could see the flaw in your logic. You being intelligent does not make everyone who agrees with you intelligent.

2) You might want to actually read that article. His conclusion is based on two "studies: -the ADD and the GSS. The ADD only studied children and we know children tend to be more liberal (see #2 above). I would have identified as a liberal myself when I was young, The GSS study doesn't even support what you are claiming. Here's a quote:

"Kanazawa found that more-intelligent GSS respondents (as measured by a quick but highly reliable synonym test) were less likely to agree that the government has a responsibility to reduce income and wealth differences."

http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599...

The only fatal flaw was your inability to comprehend what others are talking about. I wo

The only fatal flaw was your inability to comprehend what others are talking about. I would say that doesn't much for your IQ.

@Skin- Point proven

@Stone/Felonius-

You apparently don't understand what a stereotype is. I looked at the exit polls and drew conclusions from them. Did I say anything was true of ALL liberals? No. So how is it a sterotype? I assumed you were familiar with exit polls and where to find the data. Maybe I assumed too much. Everytime, I expect a certain level of intelligence from libs I end up disappointed. Anyway here they are:

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/presiden...

I don't know what Bill Gates' reasons for dropping out of school were and neither do you. Bottom line is though, that he felt he could make more money in the real world than by staying in college which proves my point. By the way, your reasoning is very different from what I've heard Gates himself say.

There are quite a few flaws in your logic about Fox:

1) You should be able to see how easily how contrived a study like that could be. You just pick out questions that the network you want to be the g

You just pick out questions that the network you want to be the good one says are right. Without them including the questions for me to look at, their conclusion is meaningless. I could make a study showing Sponge Bob viewers are the most informed using the same methodology.

2) Your same link doesn't think much of MSNBC viewers either.

3) There are plenty of studies showing conservatives are more educated and knowledgeable. For example, the exit polls or this one:

http://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/54-state-of...

4) Why do you assume Fox viewers are conservative? The liberals on here seem to know more about Fox than I do.

Favorite Answer

LOL, and the toothless rednecks who get their news from Billy Joe Bob at the hardware store, because his trailer has a TV, are "informed", right?

• Arnie

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

The Liberal ideology is a theory which holds forth beliefs that have no basis in reality.

They are Advocates of a policy that empowers a strong government to enslave its people with a high tax burden incident to the support of extravagant and unnecessary social programs destructive to both the work ethic among the lower class, and the incentive to innovate and succeed among the working class.

The problems we face today are because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

A democracy will continue to exist up until

the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous

gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority

always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from

the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally

collapse over loose fiscal policy

A broken government can't be fixed by the same government that broke it.

@

There are the uninformed and there are the intentionally misleading, the latter of which I am most concerned about because they lie to win. Beware the politician who claims to speak for "the American People" and the liar who claims to be telling you the truth. I admit I lean right but if I say something it is based on either life experience or what I "know" based on the best information available to me. I will not post a statement like "Obama is destroying America" without posting a source unless its merely my opinion and then I will say as much. To me, the left say what they want and expect their opinions to be taken as fact. They will say "Obama is the greatest President" and then call you a racist for not agreeing with that assertion. The left atypically resort to name-calling while the right will do research to prove a point right or wrong.

Thats quite a theory you cooked up there. Impressive use of stereotyping. The way you avoid citing any actual facts or statistics or anything is also impressive. You may have a future in the GOP.

However, I will counter what you said with two simple facts.

One, Bill Gates did not struggle at Harvard. He dropped out because he didn't want to wait to join the burgeoning computer industry on the west coast.

Two, according to Business Insider, watching only Fox News makes you Less Informed than watching No News At All.

There are numerous fatal flaws in your purely partisan argument.

I won't list them all, since your question shows you to be of limited understanding.

Perhaps next year in grade ten you'll have begun to develop some smarts.

1. My I.Q. puts my intelligence in the top two per cent nationwide, and I am not only a liberal, but also a democratic socialist.

2."The short answer: Kanazawa's paper shows that more-intelligent people are more likely to say they are liberal. They are also less likely to say they go to religious services."

Source(s): Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1968042,00.html‎
  • Robert

They are absolutely uninformed. They think their convoluted plans will work just because they WANT them to. I think some of them have good intentions but we know that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Their standard defense for all of their failed programs is that "we didn't spend enough money." They never learn from their mistakes. They keep making the same ones over and over.

• Yvella

I would not say "uninformed," but say people (not just liberals but a lot of groups) are "selectively informed." They pick and choose which facts they want to follow and often out of context.

They are both misinformed and easily influenced. Their intentions are good but as they get older they tend to lean towards conservatism.

• Par 4

Has anyone wondered why there aren't many elderly Liberals?

I'm going with #2

I have a Master's Degree and I am Liberal.