Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

John asked in PetsRodents · 7 years ago

Rogue Mouse!!! Why did she escape and return?

I was playing with my mice, and then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw something.

Something that made me think-- "Why is there a little white fuzz ball that looks like Hera, outside the top bars of the cage?" And then, I saw two little red eyes. She didn't make a run for it, and just climbed around the desk and cage for a bit, then let me life her back into the cage. I was panicking and swearing and just freaking out. So, why did she escape, and then immediately return? Thank you for any answers, this is urgent, so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. (Side note, I also have suspicions that Hera has escaped before, and come back in. Is that possible?) Thanks, and goodbye!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Dancer
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I once didn't snap the lid of my cage back on completely and I woke up to find my mice running around the bookcase. They were just exploring and sniffing around. They know where their nest, water and food is! I walked over to them and said "hey!" And they all paused and sniffed in my general direction. Then I said "come'on lets go. Back in the cage" And they all scampered back. If I were you I would keep your cage on a bookshelf. If they do escape (they aren't stupid enough to jump off the shelf unless their hoppers!) they'll just be stuck on the shelf.

• 7 years ago

Honestly I think your mouse needs a different cage because the truth Is,is a mouse will escape if given the prope chance, you need to invest in a cage that has smaller bars and plus if she escapes and then comes back you don't have to worry.

That just shows the bond you have with Hera. And a pet mouse will go exploring its in there nature and once they are out they will realize their life was easier in that cage and they will go back.

Source(s): I've had experience with both domestic and wild rats and mice.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Yes it is psssible she's done it before and why not? Wouldn't you want to explore outside your home a little? She sounds like a smart mouse to come back like she did and maybe has? It's a tough world out here for a little mouse and she probably realizes how good life at home is

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

She's just an attention seeking whore mouse.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.