Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 years ago

If you support the Hobby Lobby lawsuit, what would be your opinion if the following happened?

[part two of this question: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ag... ]

The CEO/President/Owner of the company you work for decides to convert to (or, already is) a Jehovah's Witness.

He decides that the Health Insurance the company provides will no longer pay for Blood Transfusions.

-or-

The CEO/President/Owner of the company you work for decides to convert to (or, already is) a Christian Scientist.

He decides that the company's new Health Insurance plan will consist of "prayer, only".

@NCWJ - From your answer, it is apparent that you are clueless what the lawsuit is about.

• No.
    Favorite Answer

WOW... I can't believe that we're in 2013... almost 2014... and we still have fu*tkards saying that Emergency Contraception or 'standard' contraception's primary function is by inducing an abortion.

That's fucktardery on a truly staggering level...

Contraception, either taken before or after sex, works by stopping an egg from being released by the woman...

No Egg = No Pregnancy.

This is why Emergency Contraception/The Morning After Pill only starts out with a 79% effectiveness and why its effectiveness goes down ever second that is delayed in taking it because if you take it and an egg has already been released, there is nothing it can do to prevent pregnancy.

This is why it's so important to take it before the 3 to 5 day window closes... Because sperm can stay alive inside the vagina, dormant, for up to about 5 days waiting for the egg to be released.

"No Chance Without Jesus" is an example of how Theism is a form of mental illness because the distorted thinking has not allowed him to actually learn about how these well studied situations and medications ACTUALLY WORK!

Now, if he was against using the IUD, I'd be OK with that because an IUD's main function is to irritate the lining of the uterus so that a fertilized egg will not implant... That actually kills a fertilized egg that already had a 50% chance of self terminating.

But hormonal contraception is NOT an Abortion Inducing Medication...

The Abortion Pill is a whole different chemical composition.

It's fucktardery such as this that RESULTS in so many unplanned pregnancies and CAUSES abortions... If you actually wanted to stop abortions, you wouldn't try to prevent access to contraception.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

► Emergency contraceptives (the morning after pill) are not RU-486 | Princeton University

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecnotru.html

How are emergency contraceptive pills different from the abortion pill (Mifeprex, also referred to as RU-486)?

► The Difference Between Emergency Contraception And Medication Abortion

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/resources/researc...

There has been considerable public confusion about the difference between emergency contraception and medication abortion because of misinformation disseminated by anti-choice groups. Emergency contraception (EC) helps prevent pregnancy; medication abortion terminates pregnancy. According to the general medical definitions of pregnancy that have been endorsed by many organizations — including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the United States Department of Health and Human Services — pregnancy begins when a pre-embryo completes implantation into the lining of the uterus (ACOG, 1998; DHHS, 1978; Hughes, 1972; “Make the Distinction …, “ 2001). Hormonal methods of contraception, including emergency contraception, prevent pregnancy by inhibiting ovulation and fertilization (ACOG, 1998). Medication abortion terminates a pregnancy without using instruments. By helping women terminate unwanted pregnancies up to 63 days after their last menstruation, medication abortion is a safe and effective option.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬

But I digress...

An employer should either provide whatever medical coverage an employee needs OR NOT PROVIDE COVERAGE AT ALL.

The same medications that are used for preventing pregnancy are also treatments for dozens of diseases and disorders all the way from more cosmetic issues like acne all the way to preventing cancer and allowing a woman to have a reasonable quality of life due to pain from endometriosis...

For an employer to say "We'll pay to have a hysterectomy but not for the medication you need to not spend 4 days a month cured in a ball screaming in pain" is nothing short of insane...

Either allow the employee to get the treatment that he or she and their DOCTOR decide is necessary or stay out of it all together. Period.

P.S. ☦ICXCNIKA ☦ basically stated my opinion of what really needs to change in order to actually reform healthcare. Tort Reform, opening up the market to interstate competition between insurers, etc.

Treat health insurance like car insurance... "15 minutes could save you 15% or more on health insurance because we have to actually compete!"

As I am unemployed having a job would be a step up for me.

If insurance packages were that well taylored to their customers' desires what would stop me from buying my own right now there are 3 things that do a lot to keep insurance and medical costs artifically high.

The US is one of the few countries with out a looser pays system which increases the amount of lawsuits since you loose nothing if you filed an lost and the lawyer said you don't pay of you don't win.

Next we have certificate of needs laws that require health care facilities to get the permission from existing hospitals and clinics before they open their doors. So I'd expect the answer to always be

"We don't need a new Clinic" while the only hospital in the county charges $1000 for an aspirin.

Next we can't buy insurance across state lines.

If a company could buy insurance that was that well tailored to their customers desires- then I'd have a feeling that the issues I brought up wouldn't exist and I could get a plan I wanted that would cover things my employers plan didn't cover.

I had been employed by companies that constantly changed benefits and coverage....typically it always got to be "less coverage"....the employer has his choice...and the employee has his.....

This is a straw man

Blood transfusions SAVE lives

Day after abortion pills TAKE lives

Fiddle sticks , modern medicine is not the domain of aTheists .

JWs notwithstanding .

• Hugo90

When everyone does whatever they like, that's anarchy.