Are these PC Specs okay?

Are these specs good for gaming, and i will mostly be playing skyrim, fallout and such maybe battlefield depends and thank you for looking.

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4770 3.40 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150

RAM:16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory [+0] (ADATA XPG V2)

POWERSUPPLY:750 Watts - Corsair CX750 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+300] (* EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

thats a RIG that all gamers dream off. u can play everything on max-ultra. All depends on what resolution you'll be using.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

To keep an obvious answer short, everything there is quite nice. The best performance gain you'll experience is upgrading the video card to a GTX780 or GTX780Ti, but it would be overkill for current generation games. Remember to use high quality thermal interface materials and the best cooling you can afford. Using a SSD for your operating system will speed things up to whole new levels, though it won't impact gaming much.

• Looks good.

The i7 is overkill for gaming. If it were me i'd drop to a Haswell i5 and spend the money i saved on a better video card like 770 or 780, or better, an R9 290X

In gaming, all your CPU has to be able to do is keep up with your video card enough to not bottleneck it and i assure, a Haswell i5 will do that easily.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.