Why does Iran want to build a nuclear bomb so bad if they don't plan on using it?

Didn't Iran already threatened our allies Israel a number of time about blowing them off the map if they ever get a hold of a nuclear bomb?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Best Answer

If we are to believe them all they want to do is to complete their nuclear reactor to make electric power, and to use for peaceful purposes.

If you look at this map of the Iranian Population density it makes me wonder why they decided to construct it there (Bushuehr) when most of the population is to the North West

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Iran_population_...

H-man

• Flower
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

No, Iran did not threaten Israel. Israel has threatened Iran. "Wipe them off the map" did not refer to actual military force. It was an abstract idea to stop calling Palestine Israel and have only Palestine on maps in school. That was said for the benefit of his religious supporters and to rankle the U.S., to save face, the same way people in any southern state say crazy things to appeal to supporters. Anyway, Iran officially has not indicated they want a nuclear weapon which is useful as a deterrent to attack from Israel and Saudi Arabia. Iran should be the pre-eminent power in the Gulf, not Saudis which is an absolute monarchy. Why dont you worry more about Pakistan which has nuclear weapons AND terrorists.

MY: I would say in the face of a 30-year trade embargo and numerous economic sanctions, IRAN has the intestinal fortitude to be functioning. It is amazing what they have accomplished in science and medicine in view of the problems caused by the U.S. and Europe. Iran is smart and stubborn not to buckle under to U.S. pressure.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Who ever plans on using a nuclear bomb? You clearly do not comprehend the game of nuclear politics.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Having a Nuclear Bomb puts you on the map that I have power. The only reason that they want it is that if there was a war, I They wouldn't be at a disadvantage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Why does anyone want a nuclear bomb if they are not going to use it.

• xray
    Lv 5
    6 years ago

It would be a nuclear deterrent, other countries would not likely attack you if you had them. Only one country in the world has ever used it. The other countries have never used them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.