Suppose Auburn and Ohio State both lost their conference championship games. Would Missouri get in over Bama?

In the National Championship game? I say Auburn and Ohio State because, of the top three teams (those two and Florida State), I think Florida State is the least likely of the bunch to lose in their conference championship game against Duke.

I assume Alabama will be ranked ahead of Missouri after this week, but would that change if they beat Auburn and would it then propel them to the National Championship game against the Seminoles?

Here's another question for you. If Missouri, Florida State and Ohio State all lost. What would your NC look like then if all that happened?

• Steve
    Favorite Answer

If that happened it would be very close between Missouri and Alabama. It could come down to some wacky computer somewhere. We might not know who faces Florida State until next Sunday at 8;30 pm EDT when the BCS bowls are announced. Even if Auburn and Ohio state both win we might not know until then. Now if Florida State and Ohio State were to lose It would be Alabama vs the SEC Champions (Missouri or Auburn).

Missouri would get in in your scenario. Not to mention losses late in the season are supposed to carry more weight than games lost earlier in the season.

Probably.

BQ: Auburn and Alabama. I hate to say it, but that's what would happen.

probably not bama is going to drop to 5 behind mizz and they would most likely make it