water heater leaking, shaking, steaming?

I have a natural gas boiler which is used to heat the house and the water. Recently I think the pump has been acting up, and I think it may have just died. A valve near the boiler is leaking, which seems to be the relief valve. The pipes were also shaking violently, and water was turning into steam at some points. I shut the power off and it stopped leaking, no longer shaking or steaming. Now I still have running water but no heating since the power is off.

How much do you think it will cost to repair this, ball-park? If it depends, please give some scenarios and the associated cost.

Favorite Answer

Hi

For some reason your item is getting to hot. Thermostat ?? If the releif valve is leaking its doing its job. Problem is once the are tripped some times wont reset.I have tapped on the head of some and it worked in a pinch . But not to be left without service for long. If your boiler is a hot water boiler and not a steam boiler I would not use until checked by service person.

BOB

Source(s): MP

Water heater leaks can easily turn into huge problem. So, I would suggest you to go for professional boiler repair services in your area. Regular servicing is required for proper functioning of your boiler.

less than $1000 to replace the blow off valve, the shut off valve and fix the pump if its broken