me
Lv 4
me asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Novels that take place in 19th century new york?

I would love any suggestions for good novels that take place during this time.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

the caine mutiny - it is set in new york for parts and also all throughout the world, as willie travels around on the caine, a dumpy minesweeper ship in the us navy, and his girlfriend may back in new york. set during ww2

the great gatsby- superb story set in 1920's new york

im sure there is more that i would recommend, but i can't think of them right now. i haven't read Gatsby, but i saw the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and it was great. highly recommend the caine mutiny though. id google it.

• Rose D
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

If you like mysteries, try The Alienist by Caleb Carr. It's a murder mystery set in turn of the century NYC.

• xo379
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The Alienist - Caleb Carr

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

If you want to get the pieces and training and apply the artwork of the desire until everything becomes next character for your requirements you then require that guide https://tr.im/d3VXD to master how.

The author Joshua Pellicer, has coached tens and thousands of men on associations and dating and, even though he admits he was not a normally born grasp of the relationship sport and it took him lots of problems and rejection to finally know what operates and what does not perform he produced a powerful class so you to master and absorb the means of influencing women.

The Tao of Badass is the best guide that you will need to stay on course. Without its advice, it will get you an extended time to realize your potential or at worst, not really understand it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.