Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

Why are there kids that kill themselves over cyber bullying?

Being bullied in person extensively is one thing, that is a somewhat good reason(at least compared to cyber) but i dont understand how cyber bullying could lead to suicide, its as easy as not going on that website again. You may know its still goin on when you arent there, but it hurts a hell of alot more to read the mean posts.

Favorite Answer

Some kids get bullied at school and they go home and go to the Internet, hoping to find someone who understands. They will go to chatrooms and talk to strangers, some people will do anything to know someone cares. That is when the mean posts start. They will call you everything the other people did and sometimes worse things.

No one cares.

Sometimes, it is from people at school or people you know. They will spam your facebook inbox with mean messages telling you to go die and you are worthless.

It isn't easy to just ignore. And these are only certain situations but it hurts. Especially combined with bullying in person. Now, I have a question for you:

Why do people bully others online in the first place?

Edit: I will mention (as I did somewhere above) this is only a certain situation for certain people. Not all cyber-bullying cases are like this and I've never really been cyber-bullied so I can't really say the exact reason why.

Source(s): Someone I know killed herself from cyber-bullying

because people talk online to people they know in real life, so many people at school text each other, they may not get bullied in person, but it feels that way, and i agree with you, if you get cyber bullied, just stop talking to the person, man, people confuse me sometimes. it annoys me at what people get upset about

Unless you have been through it you cant judge people on how the act and if they choose to commit or attempt suicide its not something you should think doesn't hurt as much as getting bullied in person as I doubt you have experienced neither

Facebook is different though, because the people writing mean things about you know who you are in real life and can bully you in person as well.