Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 years ago

When may someone receive the punishment of death by lethal injection?

This is a question from one of my college courses.

Favorite Answer

If you can't look up what charges carry the death penalty wherever you are, you deserve the grade you get. I listed the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website as a source to give you a place to start.

BTW: Why is someone using the name TexasGuy9 posting via the Yahoo Answers Canada website instead of the YA US website.

When they have been convicted of a capital crime, sentenced, and either refused all appeals or exhausted all appeals. Then they may be put to death by lethal injection.

• Lesus

When they are convicted of a capital crime in a state that executes by lethal injection, and after all appeals have been exhausted.

I agree with Lesus but I should add that waiting on death row can take decades and by then your sentence could've been commuted to life, hell by then the law could've been changed to abolish the death sentence.