Hairspray audition song?

I am probably auditioning for hairspray soon and I really need some song suggestions. I'd be open to playing just about any character, so songs tailored to a specific character isn't what i'm asking for. i'm a mezzo-soprano and occasionally a belter. it just depends on the song. so PLEASE leave suggestions. musical theatre songs only (and preferably no grease, it's a bit overdone for hairspray).

Favorite Answer

Find out what the company is who makes the hairspray, and then find their past commercials and see if any of them have a catchy tune you could sing. Like Pledge Furniture Polish used to have a song, and Oscar Meyer Baloney.

There's an idea. You could sing the Oscar Meyer Wiener Dog commercial song…"My baloney has a first name, it's o.s.c.a.r…(ha)

• X135

Bye Bye Birdie or Little Shop of Horrors would be a good choice.

something upbeat probably..

Songs from The Music Man would be good! probably something from around that time period

Answer mine about songs for my Annie audition??