Emily asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

Am I overweight for my age?

I'm 14, 5'2 or 5'3, and 118-120lbs. I'm a size 7 in jeans, a small-medium in shirts, and a 34c bra size (if that helps). I don't really exercise, but I try to eat healthy and have 700-1200 a day...?

You only eat 700-1200 calories a day??! Darling, no! I don't think you understand the consequences of such a low calorie diet. You need to eat at least 1300 calories just to maintain healthy organs - this includes your heart. You need to eat several hundred more calories just so your muscles won't waste and so your brain can maintain good health. Why would you deprive your body of what it needs to perform at its best? Please eat 2000 as a minimum. Being so young means your body is building new cells constantly. Don't restrict calories.

Anyway, you are no where near being fat! Seriously! Take your mind off of your weight and food and try to take care of your mind. Be happy. You are beautiful and there is more to life than your weight.

Take care.

According to your BMI (Body Mass Index), your are in the normal, healthy range for the statistics you have given :) You're BMI score is 22.

Underweight = less than 18.5

Normal weight = 18.5–24.9

Overweight = 25–29.9

Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

If you'd like to see for yourself, here's a link to calculate it for yourself.

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/av.htm