Has O-Care move to the stage of accessing our bank accounts already? I thought that was?

reserved to a later stage of implementation.

Here is an example: http://www.kgw.com/news/Enrollees-report-erroneous...

Or is that later stage of confiscating your assets added so O-Care can take payments out of your accounts if you don't make your co-pays and deductibles?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Di
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It makes the case for not doing direct debit. Once the government gets into your pocket and you allowed it, it will only get worse.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • cosmo
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

You need to pay for COMMERCIAL, PRIVATE health care insurance, or pay the fine.

One of the ways of paying for your private health insurance is a direct payment from your bank account.

This cannot happen without your permission. No bank would allow withdrawal of funds from your account without either your permission or a court order. (Or possibly a banking error, which would then be corrected.) In any case, it has nothing to do with Obamacare directly, and to suggest that it does is just misleading right-wing propaganda.

• 6 years ago

I worked with my new insurance company to do the bank draft every month, not through O-Care because it is the insurance company that gets the money for premiums and administers the policies. I did not have to give Obama Care my bank account numbers because they are only a broker for health insurance not a provider.

• 6 years ago

Great....I'm sure those people don't really need that money. :oP

Some states made their own websites....California has its own. I would assume Washington did the same.

Clearly it is just as screwed up as the federal website.

(I would also assume those people were foolish enough to give it access to their accounts. I'm not going near this monstrosity until all the dust settles.)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

It depends of which insurance company issued your policy. They all have different ways of paying premiums, some people do direct debit.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

starting 1-1-2014, there is a new REAL ESTATE SALES TAX of 3.7 % on ALL BUSINESS AND RESIDENTIAL SALES--this is "hidden" in Obamacare law. There is no offset for rolling proceeds into another property. Now what does real estate have to do with "affordable health care" ?

Like Nancy Pelosi said, we have to pass it to find out what's in it--and now we are finding out.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Well, let's read your linked article:

"For the second week in a row, the Washington Healthplanfinder website is down, and it's causing problems for people who are dealing with billing issues. Some of them say the website is mistakenly debiting their accounts."

What does the word "mistakenly" mean to you? Just wondering...

• 6 years ago

yes

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

My insurance accesses mine so probably.

Source(s): "OBAMA SO LOVED THE POOR HE CREATED MILLIONS MORE"!!!!!
  • 6 years ago

welcome to the united sociaist states of amerika

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.