Why do cons rail against unions because of corruption?

democracy also has corruption? would you rather have a tyranny?

both are about representation and while corruption does follow in both, they both seem to offer the common man more options and representation than a lack of either...

Edgar... I'm just saying it's bad logic... only a crazy person would assume I'm saying it's tyrany... oh wait... lol... continue howling at the moon in all caps please...

Favorite Answer

Cons rail against unions because they can help people make a decent wage and get benefits, without which they'd be on public assistance, which Cons are also against.

Gawd Forbid we should have a content society.

Personally, I don't like corruption in any form. Corruption in democracy can be overthrown, if enough folks get tired of it. Corruption in unions doesn't seem to afford that same ability. I'm not against unions until they protect poor employees at the expense of the "product" or the common good. For example, some teacher unions are so strong that crappy teachers cannot be fired b/c they are crappy, so children continue to receive crappy instruction and suffer. Some are so strong I've heard of instances where a teacher was found with child porn on his/her school computer and couldn't be fired. Maybe that's not corruption, but that's where a union hurts the "product" or common good. It's also bad if the union decides they are going to strike, for whatever reason (usually money), but that strike causes the product or service to cost significantly more to the consumer all b/c the leadership wants more money. In the end the consumer gets shafted either way.

LIke I said at first. At least within a democracy the public can get rid of the corrupt folks, but within a union you cannot (unless you are part of the union I guess)

When corruption is exposed in a union, the whistleblower is demonized. When Nixon's corruption was exposed, Woodward and Bernstein were glorified. The whistleblowers of the corruption in unions need more moral support from the public.

Unions have become more like the corporations the were formed to fight than the unions of old. There usufullness for fighting for workers rights have subsided quite dramatically since the the formation of OSHA.

The common man.. who will be forced to pay a bribe to a corrupt union thug for the right to show up and work. And just because corruption exists in government doesn't mean we should spread and encourage more corruption.

We rail against the Evil Union Menace for all sorts of reasons, "liberal".

Soooo, in your twisted mind: No Unions = Tyranny. Izzattitt? Are you CRAY-ZEEEEEEE!?!

Lissen up, "liberal", I've been a member of two different unions, and this is all I have to say about them: if you can find a union you wanna be in and they'll take you, go for it - just leave me OUT of it, 'kay? 'Kay!

NO! Conservatives are the corrupt ones. They want the companies to do whatever and treat their employees how ever they want, even when it comes to wages. Unions protect the workers from exploitation.

Unions have outlived their usefulness, that's why...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

jimmy hoffa was a fine upstanding man right........by the way where is his grave site.........and his death was from natural causes