Gun ammo question.... ?

I just bought me a 380 and i had a question about the ammo what's the difference between 380 auto and acp ?

Best Answer

They are the same thing pal. ACP stands for Automatic Colt Pistol, this is the official title given by the cartridge designer, but it is officially known as .380 Auto by SAAMI (Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute).

"Am I Evil" is incorrect. ACP stands for Automatic COLT Pistol, as the acp rounds were all designed for Colt pistols by John Moses Browning in the late 1800's early 1900's.

Mav has the most comprehensive answer which lists several equivalent names for the .380acp. At first glance, I think he got them all. .380 auto and .380acp are one and the same.

• Mav

Other names for .380 ACP include .380 Auto, 9mm Browning, 9mm Corto, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Short, 9x17.

Source(s): From Wikipedia

.380 auto and .380ACP are the same thing. The term is interchangeable for that and several other handgun calibers.

ACP = Automatic Colt Pistol

They are the same.

• One in the same

ACP= auto colt pistol

Nothing. It's the same thing.

• Joey

Absolutely no difference.

nothing, and A.C.P. stands for automatic centerfire pistol