Is it right to cut pensions of combat veterans while giving new tax credits to illegals?

That is what is in this new budget. Is that the right thing to do? For who? First they make the rules of engagement so that more of our troops die. Then they prosecute a soldier who used his Yahoo account to warn his fellow troops about being infiltrated by an enemy. Then they cut their pensions, even those who were disabled in the war. Are they trying to make the volunteer army a thing of the past and bring back the draft? Why do they punish the best among us to make life easier for those who have no regard for our laws?

Update:

EDIT: They are given a number and file an IN form. They claim their nieces and nephews in Mexico or wherever they come from, and get collectively about $4 billion a year in tax refunds that then go to Mexico (or where ever)

14 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

NO

notice that they always talk about how Medicare is going broke, NO money for those of us that worked our whole lives and paid into Medicare

but,,,,,,,

NOT one word about Medicaid,,,,,,,,too controversial???

that medicaid can get an MRI paid for 100% for a sore thumb, not life threatening, and going to the hospital ER for a runny nose and cough.

That is where the problem is,, and NObody dare question it, for it sounds like we want to take food out of babies mouths if we do.

• 7 years ago

There must be something we don't know about this budget that congress would even consider cutting pensions to veterans, disabled or otherwise. From the outside looking in this is absolutely uncontainable. The average Joe will blame dems, and how did Paul Ryan let this happen?

• Glen
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Why would illegals be getting a tax credit for any reason? They should be fined for being here illegally and breaking our laws. The money from the fines could be used to pay for the expenses we incur for policing our border and for pensions for veterans.

• 7 years ago

They do work out a way to scam the tax office.

John Boehner doesnt care. He is taking orders from the chamber of Commerce.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Please explain how illegals can get a tax credit when they don't file taxes.

Edit: Instructions for Form 1040NR-EZ

Green Card Test

You are a resident for tax purposes if you were a LAWFUL permanent resident (immigrant) of the United States at any time during 2012 and you took no steps to be treated as a resident of a foreign country under an income tax treaty. (However, see Dual-Status Taxpayers, later.) In most cases, you are a lawful permanent resident if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (or its predecessor organization, INS) has issued you an alien registration.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040nr.pdf

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

NO, and a government who cuts veteran benefits is looking at disaster when they need to recruit.

Source(s): "OBAMA SO LOVED THE POOR HE CREATED MILLIONS MORE"!!!!!
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Obama hates our military, and he loves illegal foreign invaders.

Whose side is he really on....

I mean, seriously. He is the enemy of our country.

How can it be any more obvious.

• 7 years ago

No it's not fair. These soldiers died for their country and the ones that did live through this hell deserve better than that.

• Golfer
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Not only more for illegals but more for congress and their aids.

• 7 years ago

No military pensions are being cut.

I have a contact in the national guard and if that were happening I'd have heard about it.

I didn't hear that so it isn't happening.

lay off the booze or weed or whatever is giving you the paranoia.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.