KG
KG asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 7 years ago

Chemical engineering technology !?

Could someone explain to me what's the difference between Chemical engineering technology and Chemical engineering technology environmental ? I have got offer of admission for both programs and I am confused which one to chose. I have searched online but still I don't get an idea. Which one have more job opportunities ? And which one would you prefer?

Please help !

Favorite Answer

chemical engineering technology doesn't give a **** about the environment, whereas chemical engineering technology environmental does. it's a simple matter of ethics. one doesn't have any, and the other does.

I am guessing that both of these are two-year associate degree programs. The jobs you can qualify for at the end of a two-year program are limited enough that I don't think it makes much difference which curriculum you choose. The "environmental" probably has a great deal to do with sewage treatment; chemical technicians from either program might be qualified for some operations and maintenance work in the chemical, tire & rubber, electric utility, and food processing industries.