FT9!
FT9! asked in SportsWrestling · 7 years ago

CM Punk Does Not Deserve To Main Event WrestleMania .. !?

Agree/Disagree ..

Favorite Answer

To ask whether CM Punk deserves to main event WrestleMania is a tricky question. It can be looked at from many different angles. To earn a spot in the main event of professional wrestling's biggest show is quite an honor. However, it comes with requirements. The match is usually contested between two individuals who WWE sees the most cash coming from. As an example, the main event for the last two WrestleManias was the same because of how large a success it was. It brought the company attention from the media and had it brought up in places it hadn't surfaced in quite some time. Most importantly, John Cena vs The Rock brought in money, for now, and the future.

When looking at it from what I call WWE's standpoint, CM Punk doesn't deserve to be in the main event at WrestleMania. This is because Punk is not who creates the most buzz outside of wrestling, or brings in the most amount of cash to WWE's pocket. Lets be honest, CM Punk is not a name that everyone knows. In today's WWE, there have been few names managing to make it outside the weekly broadcasts of Raw and Smackdown. CM Punk is not one of those names.

Now, there is more than one standpoint to look at this from. One could argue that CM Punk's superior wrestling ability (comparatively) and skill on the microphone should land him a spot in the main event of WrestleMania. Another argument is that CM Punk's hard work has earned him a spot in the main event.

I personally don't believe Punk belongs in the main event of WrestleMania. I am by no means a "hater" of CM Punk, he puts on quality tv and I enjoy most of his matches. To say that Punk deserves a spot because of his hard work is almost hypocritical. There are plenty of people on the roster who, by those standards, would have earned a spot in the match. It's also incorrect to state that Punk deserves to be in the main event because of his immense talent. While Punk is one of WWE's greatest talents, in-ring ability is not under the criteria for a main event. Main events have never been put together because WWE thought they would put on a great match. WWE was (and maybe still is, I don't really know) in talks to have Hulk Hogan vs John Cena at WrestleMania XXX. Hogan is 60 years old, but he is possibly WWE's biggest creation.

By no means am I saying that CM Punk isn't good or that he doesn't deserve achievements, but I simply don't believe he meets the criteria for a WrestleMania main event.

Disagree

Disagree

Disagree

DisaGree

Disagree. You want someone like Bryan to main event.

WHY? Examples, who would you rather see there? John Cena Vs Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson round 3...

The Legendary Witness: From previous comments I Guaran-Damn-Tee you don't watch much to begin with. I also said Current Brock Lesnar Matches, Not what he did in the past.

Source(s): I'm a video game critic, it's kinda; my job.

Agreed and if anyone deserves it it's Kane