Is everybody surprised that Ace and Peter will be taking part in the Rock n Roll hall of fame?

Favorite Answer

Nope. As musicians, we come to accept that bands are fluid and sometimes people have to part ways.

I have had to let band members go, or groups have broken up, and later, sometimes we would attempt another project together with a few other musicians.

I don't think they "hate" each other. At the time, I think Ace was pretty messed up with drugs or alcohol, and I think Peter was too after recovering from a car accident.

I think by now they have grown up enough to realize maybe they had done the damage themselves and to not hold things against Gene and Paul.

Besides, they would have been nobodies without KISS ,so they should always be grateful. Bands break up all the time.

It's hard to work under the stress of touring and recording and being around the same guys for so much time. Especially as driven as Simmons is to make business opportunities about everything.

I'm surprised Shannon has been able to take it for so long.

Anyway..good for them. Now if the RRHOF would get their heads out of their butts and induct Deep Purple and YES , I'll be happier.

Source(s): 44 yrs guitarist/former pro musician

No . . . KISS is THEIR legacy also, regardless of Gene and Paul's opinions on the subject - also, it gives them an amazing opportunity to give Gene and Paul THEIR opinions on the subject, in a public forum which can't be manipulated by Simmons & Stanley.

Just a little, but I'm glad that they'll be there. Without them KISS never would've become as popular as they did.