>

If God created us to need or seek Him how is that not a violation of our freewill?

Many Christians believe that God created us to need Him or to seek Him and that is why we feel "incomplete" without God in our lives.

But, if it is true that God created us with such a "need" isn't that in direct violation of our "freewill."

Also, with all these flaming contradictions (pun intended) can anyone really blame atheists for not believing?

• Favorite Answer

Informed Christians don't believe in free will. Not even God has free will. He can't lie, He can't stop being God.

1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith

Chapter 3: Of God's Decree

1. God hath decreed in himself, from all eternity, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably, all things, whatsoever comes to pass; yet so as thereby is God neither the author of sin nor hath fellowship with any therein; nor is violence offered to the will of the creature, nor yet is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established; in which appears his wisdom in disposing all things, and power and faithfulness in accomplishing his decree.

( Isaiah 46:10; Ephesians 1:11; Hebrews 6:17; Romans 9:15, 18; James 1:13; 1 John 1:5; Acts 4:27, 28; John 19:11; Numbers 23:19; Ephesians 1:3-5 )

2. Although God knoweth whatsoever may or can come to pass, upon all supposed conditions, yet hath he not decreed anything, because he foresaw it as future, or as that which would come to pass upon such conditions.

( Acts 15:18; Romans 9:11, 13, 16, 18 )

3. By the decree of God, for the manifestation of his glory, some men and angels are predestinated, or foreordained to eternal life through Jesus Christ, to the praise of his glorious grace; others being left to act in their sin to their just condemnation, to the praise of his glorious justice.

( 1 Timothy 5:21; Matthew 25:34; Ephesians 1:5, 6; Romans 9:22, 23; Jude 4 )

4. These angels and men thus predestinated and foreordained, are particularly and unchangeably designed, and their number so certain and definite, that it cannot be either increased or diminished.

( 2 Timothy 2:19; John 13:18 )

5. Those of mankind that are predestinated to life, God, before the foundation of the world was laid, according to his eternal and immutable purpose, and the secret counsel and good pleasure of his will, hath chosen in Christ unto everlasting glory, out of his mere free grace and love, without any other thing in the creature as a condition or cause moving him thereunto.

( Ephesians 1:4, 9, 11; Romans 8:30; 2 Timothy 1:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; Romans 9:13, 16; Ephesians 2:5, 12 )

• Arnie

When asked to describe my thoughts on GOD and Religion my train of thought led me right to gravity. . .

You can’t see gravity, You can’t taste it, I just know one thing for certain, that it exists.

The mystery's of faith an GOD are beyond human comprehension

Faith concerns questions which cannot be settled by evidence.

I feel bad that if someone does not have faith they would want others to agree with them!

How can the universe create itself out of nothingness? Given the fact that the universe began to exist, it must have had a “cause” that originated it.Doesn't it make more sense to assume the existence of a Creation. The question is tricky because it sneaks in the false assumption that GOD came from somewhere and then asks where that might be. The answer is that the question does not even make sense. It is like asking, “What does blue smell like?” Blue is not in the category of things that have a smell, so the question itself is flawed. In the same way, GOD is not in the category of things that are created or caused. GOD is uncaused and uncreated—He simply exists.

We know that from nothing, nothing comes. So, if there were ever a time when there was absolutely nothing in existence, then nothing would have ever come into existence. But things do exist. Therefore, since there could never have been absolutely nothing, something had to have always been in existence. That ever-existing being is what we call GOD ,GOD is the un-caused Being that caused everything else to come into existence. God is the uncreated Creator who created the universe and everything in it.

The universe requires a cause because it had a beginning, GOD unlike the universe, had no beginning, so he doesn’t need a cause. Einstein’s theory of general relativity, which has much experimental support, shows that time is linked to matter and space. So time itself would have begun along with matter and space. Since GOD is the creator of the whole universe, he is the creator of time. Therefore He is not limited by the time dimension He created..@

Life without GOD is like an un- sharpened pencil it has no point..

You can't see the wind, but you know it is there because you can see what the wind is doing. You can know that the wind is there because you can feel it.GOD is like the wind, you can't see him

'As many as RECEIVED Him'....so some/many(?) did not receive Him...freewill.

God does not force anyone=freewill.

Someone who comes to God can turn back = freewill.

God created some to need Him because we are THAT lost without Him.

You could look up 'the god gene'?, and then the 'atheist gene'?...because then

we see it's written into code there...

But there's more to it than that....there's epigenetics which means either of those

genes can change.

Think ultimate flexibility.

For me, I wasn't Christian for a long, long time, and sure took me a long time...

and I'm glad of it.

I found what was deemed 'freewill' before Jesus was another word for 'addiction'.

I found I have entire freewill 'in Christ'....it's really amazing.

I COULD walk away, so I have to CHOOSE not to do that...every day,

and I do it...I'm the one who gains, wins overall in that.

Dear Friend,

Freewill means we are free to choose. We are not puppets. We can either accept the Lord God, or reject Him. Free will 101.

God's principles are universal and non-optional. Everyone is subject to them whether they believe it or not. If a person 'obeys' God's principles, rewards/blessings. If a person 'disobeys' God's principles, consequences/punishment.

As for me and my household we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15.

Tender blessings,

Im a person who thinks there is any afterlife and there is some type of god but my belief is that god simple created us to see if he could do it and i think its up to us to make our own happiness in life and find our own meaning of it

Source(s): My beliefs

God created us to become like him. Free will means you can believe and do whatever you want, but it doesn't mean you can ignore the consequences.

• ?

No One has Free will.....WE have a FREE CHOICE...we can Freely choose to go Gods way or not...BUT NO ONE has the ability to change what God has already set in motion and His word Shall be Fulfilled just as He said it would and NO ONE can change that fact.....

God did not purpose for free will to be without limits. Imagine a busy city without any traffic laws, where everybody could drive in any direction at any speed. Would you want to drive under those conditions? No, that would be traffic anarchy and would surely result in many accidents.

So too with God’s gift of free will. Unlimited freedom would mean anarchy in society. There have to be laws to guide human activities. God’s Word says: “Behave like free men, and never use your freedom as an excuse for wickedness.” (1 Peter 2:16, JB) God wants free will to be regulated for the common good. He purposed for us to have, not total freedom, but relative freedom, subject to the rule of law.

Whose laws were we designed to obey? Another part of the text at 1 Peter 2:16 (JB) states: “You are slaves of no one except God.” This does not mean an oppressive slavery, but, rather, it means that we were designed to be happiest when in subjection to God’s laws. (Matthew 22:35-40) His laws, more than any laws devised by humans, provide the best guide. “I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit yourself, the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk.”—Isaiah 48:17.

At the same time, God’s laws allow for great freedom of choice within their boundaries. This results in variety and makes the human family fascinating. Think of the different types of food, clothing, music, art, and homes throughout the world. We surely prefer to have our choice in such matters rather than have some other person decide for us.

Thus we were created to be happiest when subject to God’s laws for human behavior. It is similar to being subject to God’s physical laws. For instance, if we ignore the law of gravity and jump off a high place, we will be injured or killed. If we ignore the internal laws of our body and stop eating food, drinking water, or breathing air, we will die.

As surely as we were created with the need to submit to God’s physical laws, we were created with the need to submit to God’s moral and social laws. (Matthew 4:4) Humans were not created to be independent of their Maker and be successful. The prophet Jeremiah says: “It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step. Correct me, O Jehovah.” (Jeremiah 10:23, 24) So in every way humans were created to live under God’s rulership, not their own.

Obedience to God’s laws would not have been burdensome for our first parents. Instead, it would have worked for their welfare and that of the entire human family. Had the first pair stayed within the limits of God’s laws, all would have been well. In fact, we would now be living in a wonderful paradise of pleasure as a loving, united human family! There would not have been wickedness, suffering, and death.

We should have No freewill according to Christianity (they lie and deny that). According to them if you want eternal life in happiness you categorically *MUST* believe what "they" believe in. it's their attempt to take away your free will, via *THREATS* of punishment.

CHRISTIANS... don't believe in "free will". Not a verse in the Bible that implies it. In fact, the opposite.